Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: General complaint.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Shivan, I don't think hardly anyone will complain of "fair" moderation that you propose will be heavy handed. With the number of active members in this forum, I'd be surprised if more than 5% would complain. I believe that the vast majority of members conduct themselves within the rules of the forum all the time. I can't see them having a problem with it. So there is a "win" side. If there's a "problem child" who can't or won't conduct themselves accordingly in GD, which is pretty much the single largest source of discontent, then ban them from posting in GD. They can contribute if they choose to do so in all of the other sub-forums but not in GD. If they bring the same discontent/disrespect to the other sub-forums, then "BAM", off with their heads permanently.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    So to clarify, the "new way" would be fine?
    My vote, for whatever it's worth, is "new way". It does become tiresome watching the same old fight with a slightly different odor in every other GD thread.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think the moderators are doing a hard job for free and doing a good job at it. I have recieved infractions when I earned them. This forum does not tolerate a lot of the BS you see on other sites and for that I am very grateful. I also think that we all need to make an effort to not make things personal or take them personally.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    I know, right? I'm all for it but its a shame we have to operate at the level of lowest common denominator.
    I don't think we're operating at the lowest but at the highest common denominator. The proposal will not effect the huge number of members who act according to the rules of the forum in the least. It deals with those few, those precious few, that can't/won't abide by those rules. Those that represent the lowest common denominator. To the proposal put forth, I say bring it on. The sooner the better. So that the Kingdom can rejoice and goodwill towards men and women will once again be the law of the land.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Damn the whingers, full fairness ahead!

If it doesn't work, we can go back to square one and plot a new new way.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    No problem. I will make it "fair", across the board. Step over the line. Infraction. I will also request no more thread clean ups with free "get out of jail" edits that have saved plenty of accounts.

"Fair" is not going to be less moderation, I assure you. "Fair" will yield more interaction with moderators and staff. You know why? We've told everyone what we expect, in explicitly specific language, and yet certain people refuse to embrace that as the norm and self-moderate to keep harmony. Being "right" is more important than being able to post tomorrow.

So here's the hook, I would highly suggest people refrain from using "you", "your", "you're", etc when the debate gets heated. The minute I see a debate attack an individual position, I will assign an infraction. The minute I perceive that a lack of respectful discourse is taking place between one or more people, those people will get an infraction.

No one wanted that type of mod/staff interaction, but since we are being accused of being unfair there is only one solution:

Issue all merited infractions until the problems are self-eliminated from our forum.

I know that since we will not let the threads come to head, no more moderators will be mean in closing a thread, and the act of name calling will likely disappear entirely.

What will not be solved is that everyone will claim that the actual "fair" moderation is heavy-handed, mean, and that we should thicken our skin as mods and staff. You see, we can't win in this regard.

I would say let's have a response vote....everyone in favor of my newly suggested approach? Everyone opposed?

Speak now....
    I oppose. And I oppose because, as an adult, I choose whether or not to engage in a spirited altercation or debate. I can certainly choose non participation or always have the ignore option. I've used both in the past. Personally, I think a percentage of what's said in GD or even in random threads outside of there is done with little thought, foresight and even less common sense, but that's just my opinion. I think it's a very small percentage of members and I think some members are overly aggressive. But again, I'm an adult. I can simply ignore them. I choose to participate in threads that are more like three years ago where we exchange ideas or points of view. The last couple of pages of the Costa M&P thread are a perfect example of this. If it turned into a train wreck, I would simply stop participating because I can. So, the rules as they are, in my opinion, work pretty well. And you and the other mods/staff generally do a pretty good job. I will say I miss AC and his style though. So, to me, the key word here is choice. And no forum, including M4C, is worth getting upset about.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    After re-reading this entire thread here is my 2 cents...if the new rules help out the mods/staff then I'm cool with it. However, I've about had it with a individual/s dicking with the world around the mass of us, due to the fews lack of ability to cope..hell there's arfcom and pen island for that crap. I would at least hope that the majority of us here see this crap and just steer clear or take the issue off line..ie PM's.. and address the issue directly there. Not give in to the ignorance and dog pile a landmine for no reason. I agree with Shivan, I don't think this is going to solve the problem merely change it giving the staff here a whole new form of headache.

Furthermore I haven't seen one closed thread yet that I couldn't, in short order, figure out why it was closed. Either it got stupid or someone didn't search and add to a previous thread. Now to be honest I don't mess with GD that much because if I want to have a GD I own a cell phone and have those discussions elsewhere. If people are getting banned its PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that they REPEATEDLY did dumb shit. If those people are spoken to harshly well guess what...pain retains..if my 2 year old daughter tries to stick a fork in a light socket I don't tell her please stop I smack her paw.

maybe I'm just rambling but I would think that this a gun forum...grow up, nut up, or shut up and go elsewhere...you wont be missed..

last thing.. I didn't know the mods/staff did this for free THATS BAD ASS and I sincerely want to thank you all for your time and effort! especially IG who on more then one occasion has steered me away from my own stupidity, you're an evil bastard and I got nothin' but respect for ya!
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood for something, sometime in your life.----Sir Winston Churchill

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

General complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Nuke GD.
    Nah, just make members with access to the GD buy some:

LEOs, non-LEOs alike
    Last edited by SMETNA; 02-17-13 at 01:16.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I would prefer rob_s screaming at people in AR threads over these people that have been permitted to stay and **** up GD. At least Rob added to the site.

Nuke GD.
    I always got the idea rob wanted to run the site. Looks like someone is trying to take his place in this thread.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    I always got the idea rob wanted to run the site. Looks like someone is trying to take his place in this thread.
    Damnit, you've exposed my evil plan!

Anyway, my point is that at least rob bitched about gun and shooting related topics. Here we have how many pages complaining about how it just isn't fair.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast