Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Best Budget (<$75) EDC knife?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Dollar for dollar one would be hard pressed to fine a better value fixed blade than an ESEE, I have a 3P-DT and a 6P-CP.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I may just not know any better but someone bought me a SOG flash 2 and I loved it, favorite knife. I have seen them really cheap in the past around 40 dollars but my exposure is rather limited and may be playing a part in it.

Feedback Score
    http://www.bigsupplyshop.com/Kershaw...60_p_9916.html

Kershaw skyline, very cheap, American made, smooth flipper action, good liner lock up, good knife.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Exclamation

Now until 07/31/2013 Spyderco Tenacious $25.95.

http://www.thespydercostore.com/dealoftheday.asp
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I just received my spyderco delica 4 with the Emerson opener. $62 shipped from amazon, and I am very impressed. It's my first knife with the wave feature and I love it, awesome addition to a folder!
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post

I carry a plain-jane Endura now. I keep meaning to go to a waved Delica, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
    I too carried a plain jane Endura for the better part of 3 years before it went missing. I replaced it with a Delica Wave and I love it. I almost wish I lost the Endura earlier! lol

I still have an Endura half-serrated I carry when boating/fishing/hunting/outdoors, but I feel the Delica Wave is a more suitable EDC.

OP, I find the KISS principle especially suitable to folding knives. Having had plenty of assisted opening knives bite the dust (Kershaw, SOG, Etc.) I gave up and went with a design that doesn't rely heavily on springs and small detents for opening.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My rotation is primarily around your price range. Kershaw Leek, Benchmade Mini-Grip, Spyderco Endura 4 FFG and Delica 4 FFG.

I prefer the Delica to any EDC knife I've ever laid my hands on, period. It's just damn fantastic at everything, and very light weight.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron_c View Post
    My rotation is primarily around your price range. Kershaw Leek, Benchmade Mini-Grip, Spyderco Endura 4 FFG and Delica 4 FFG.

I prefer the Delica to any EDC knife I've ever laid my hands on, period. It's just damn fantastic at everything, and very light weight.
    Just curious aaron_c, is your EDC delica the waved one?
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just switched my EDC from a Sog Mini Aegis (which I still respect) to a Spyderco Endura 4 FFG... and I have no complaints. In fact, I've lost almost all the hair on my arm from showing it off to all my friends and coworkers. It's incredible, and I'm sold on the VG10 steel over the Mini Aegis' AUS8. The Mini Aegis was simliar in size to Spyderco's Delica, almost identical IIRC, but the Endure has great reach and feels AWESOME in hand

Tight lock up (which was my only complaint about the Sog), nice blade shape and belly.... all makes the Endura 4 well worth the $60~ IMO, and now I'm looking for a Paramilitary2 haha

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Now until 07/31/2013 Spyderco Tenacious $25.95.

http://www.thespydercostore.com/dealoftheday.asp
    Nice find! I lost my Tenacious about a year ago. Now I get my replacement in a few days thanks to this... couldn't pass up that deal.

I like to carry the Tenancious and I also like the Kershaw Leeks.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast