Page 187 of 188 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1878

Thread: Pipeline is opening up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    Meanwhile some of us haven't seen a 500 round box of rimfire on a store shelf in years. The places I can find it online are all crazy high on price. I am all for the free market, but my 22 stays in the safe at $90 for a 500 round box of rimfire.
    I found some 50rd Blazer .22lr boxes last week for $2.49 a box, I was only allowed 4. I haven't seen a 500 or 525rd box since 2012. I feel bad when my niece and nephew want to shoot but I just don't have much left. I know that bigger bullets and larger centerfire cartridges bring more $ but you would think with such a huge hole someone would step up and make .22 in insane numbers. My nephew would go through a 500 round box in an afternoon.

I can find any other caliber without problem except 9mm, which is at times nonexistent. Now everyone and their mother has them, even guys that told me .22lr was for p***y's! Women are a big part of it too, realizing they should exercise their rights. Instead of the usual tacticool camo pants tucked in their boots types and beer bellied mouth breathers I see lots of women in the ammo section buying .380, 9x19mm, and .22lr. I glad that we gained more people shooting. It just sucks that the industry has to play catch up while we wait.
    Last edited by mastiffhound; 04-05-14 at 00:05.
    Appeasement is never the answer in the face of naked aggression.

Feedback Score
    What worries me so much with the shortage of .22 is that imagine when you were a kid and you could not get much if any .22, what would you do? I learned to shoot as many of us did on the .22 platform. If our young boys and girls don't have .22 available, how many do you think will become firearms enthusiast? Keeping ammo from us is one thing, but keeping it from the next generation all but ensures the Second Amendment dies. just sayin...
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    My local Walmart has removed the box limit except for .22. Decent amount of most things in stock, aside from .22. The prices are still a little high, but not too bad for 9 and 45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I learned to shoot with a .30 cal carbine and a 20 ga. shotgun. Followed by a Colt AR15 HBAR that one of my friends parents bought for him.

Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    What worries me so much with the shortage of .22 is that imagine when you were a kid and you could not get much if any .22, what would you do? I learned to shoot as many of us did on the .22 platform. If our young boys and girls don't have .22 available, how many do you think will become firearms enthusiast? Keeping ammo from us is one thing, but keeping it from the next generation all but ensures the Second Amendment dies. just sayin...

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    A little alarmist there eh?

I fail to understand why some people who think 22LR is SO IMPORTANT yet they didn't drop $200 for 10K when it was 0.02/rd... Or drop $1k for 50K of 22LR?

Just saying...
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 04-05-14 at 16:44.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I learned to shoot with a .30 cal carbine and a 20 ga. shotgun. Followed by a Colt AR15 HBAR that one of my friends parents bought for him.
    Not to get off track and start this as a "how I started shooting thread" but I learned on my uncles pellet rifle. It tought me about safety and the shooting fundamentals.

The Walmart by me has a pretty good ammo selection. .45,.9mm, 5.56, 7.62x51. .22 comes in pretty often, atleast once a week.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Even locally, I can get nearly any ammunition I need at prices that are not by strict definition "cheap," but still more in line with the nominal "good old days" than what a gallon of gasoline brings right now. 5.56/.223, 9mm para, .357 mag and 12 ga is plentiful enough, and those are about all I worry about other than .22LR.

Other than high-end match loadings the rimfire round is still conspicuous by its absence, but two things have mitigated the problem on a personal level. First - by dumb luck - I bought a Weihrauch springer in .177 a couple years back and subsequently rediscovered that a good air rifle would do most of what the .22LR rifles were doing.

(It also led me to thin down my already low .22LR long gun inventory.)

Secondly, the wife and I concluded that we had depended too much on using .22LR pistols to practice with rather than the ones we'd actually be depending on for personal defense. We now put fewer rounds downrange at a higher cost per round, but it is of more practical benefit.

So in this household, we've more-or-less cut our .22LR consumption down to almost nothing, and even if the supply of it increases, I doubt if we will ever return to our previous levels of use.

toc

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Supply and demand are evening out but prices are still a bit ridiculous for many items.

My only intention during the calm is to score some lowers and mags.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    My local Walmart has removed the box limit except for .22. Decent amount of most things in stock, aside from .22. The prices are still a little high, but not too bad for 9 and 45.
    I'm assuming that this is my local Walmart too... I can admit, I haven't seen a single box of .22lr in there.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    I'm assuming that this is my local Walmart too... I can admit, I haven't seen a single box of .22lr in there.
    I honestly don't think I've seen .22 there since well before Sandy Hook.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 187 of 188 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188 LastLast