Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official M4C 9mm Single Stack Glock Thread

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock30 View Post
    Hillarious and Thirsty!!!! Glock is at the TOTFC for a reason. They set the trends they dont follow them. Telling Gaston to "Get with the program" is like telling Karl Benz & Dieter Zetsche to get with the program and step up to the ranks of their domestic competitors!
    That's why Glock just released RMR adaptable guns just a few years after offering modular frames.

What trend has Glock ever started besides a good marketing strategy to LE? The .45 GAP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    That's why Glock just released RMR adaptable guns just a few years after offering modular frames.

What trend has Glock ever started besides a good marketing strategy to LE? The .45 GAP?

Well, the Tenifer finish for one.

http://firearmshistory.blogspot.com/...-ferritic.html

The Tenifer process was traditionally used in the German automotive industry for years, by manufacturers such as BMW and Mercedes. Glock GmBH, which was then an unknown Austrian manufacturer, was the first to use it in the firearms industry in the 1980s. All Glock pistols come with Tenifer treatment and it became well known to the firearms industry because of their success. It is now used by other manufacturers as well, such as Steyr, Walther, Heckler & Koch etc. It is renowned for its hardness and toughness. Tenifer has a dull-gray color and has a hardness of 64 HRC on the Rockwell scale, which is very hard, considering that diamond has a hardness of 70 HRC. Tenifer is also extremely corrosion resistant and is at least 85% more corrosion resistant that hard chrome plating and almost completely salt-water resistant as well. It also has excellent anti-friction properties. Glock generally applies a tenifer coat of 0.5 mm thickness to the slides and barrels of their pistols. The slides are further subject to parkerizing treatment on top of that. So, even if the parkerized finish were to wear off, the slide is still protected by the Tenifer layer.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ok, what else? Seems they are cerakoting now too, just like everybody else.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ok, what else? Seems they are cerakoting now too, just like everybody else.

You asked for a trend and I replied with a pretty big innovation they brought to the industry. No, Glock didn't invent Tenifer, but the source I listed says he was the first to use it in the firearm industry and other big companies followed that trend. The Tenifer was covered with a parkerized finish so what you see is not Tenifer. I have no idea what they use now since the EPA won't let them use the process in the US anymore.

In the 1980's, bringing a lightweight, easily field stripped, striker fired pistol with only 34 component parts, many of which are interchangeable between models was also a very good business move. I can't say whether Glock started that trend or not, but I do believe he perfected it. The LE marketing you mentioned got Glocks noticed and the product sold very well in the civilian market because it worked and was inexpensive.
    Last edited by DWood; 01-29-15 at 09:18.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    You asked for a trend and I replied with a pretty big innovation they brought to the industry. No, Glock didn't invent Tenifer, but the source I listed says he was the first to use it in the firearm industry and other big companies followed that trend. The Tenifer was covered with a parkerized finish so what you see is not Tenifer. I have no idea what they use now since the EPA won't let them use the process in the US anymore.

In the 1980's, bringing a lightweight, easily field stripped, striker fired pistol with only 34 component parts, many of which are interchangeable between models was also a very good business move. I can't say whether Glock started that trend or not, but I do believe he perfected it. The LE marketing you mentioned got Glocks noticed and the product sold very well in the civilian market because it worked and was inexpensive.
    Exactly. They stopped innovating in the 80s and now they follow trends, like cerakote and RMR guns. Why not follow a single stack trend?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Exactly. They stopped innovating in the 80s and now they follow trends, like cerakote and RMR guns. Why not follow a single stack trend?

I saw a post from Jeff Gonzalez on FB state that the RMR capable guns were meh but they did say a single stack 9mm would be released soon. I dunno, time will tell. Just buy a G26 and carry away!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    I saw a post from Jeff Gonzalez on FB state that the RMR capable guns were meh but they did say a single stack 9mm would be released soon. I dunno, time will tell. Just buy a G26 and carry away!
    Honestly though, I would imagine one of their celebrity endorsers will come out and say something like "Exciting new Glock on the way soon, no more intel at this time but stay tuned!" before any kind of announcement is made. Maybe they are paid off by the NRA to hold out until their show, or maybe they are going to do the VP9 thing and announce it randomly, we just don't know. I would assume though with how irritated and agitated they got at SHOT by people asking and calling them out, they already have it in the works but cannot contractually discuss it. Just my 2 cents.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

The Official M4C 9mm Single Stack Glock Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    I'll keep my G19s for the time being. If they bring out a SS 9mm I'll buy one for summer carry or backup.

I'm half tempted to start carrying a VP9. I bet HK would bring out a SS version before we see a new Glock design. Haha

Last edited by tylerw02; 01-29-15 at 16:58.

Feedback Score
    Why not follow a single stack trend?

Maybe it isn't in their best interest right now. Breaking\Re-Creating the mold of one of the best 9mm hand guns in the world (glock19 or 26) may be a bad idea in their eyes. Keep dreaming...it could happen. My guess is that it will happpen, but not as soon as some of you would like. Look how long it took for the G42 to show up
    Last edited by Glock30; 01-30-15 at 08:05.
    The Revolution Will Not Be Televised ~ Gil Scott-Heron

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Welcome to the conversation, G30. You said Glock doesn't follow trends, which we've demonstrated they do. Maybe it is or isn't in their interest, but fact is there is demand and they are losing sales.

Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast