Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Seeking input on Shockwave Blade AR pistol stabilizer we're developing

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave Technologies View Post
    No pretending. Yes, you can use it to gain a good cheek weld as well as stabilizing it against your forearm a la Bushmaster Arm Pistol. It has nothing to do with balls--and everything to do with working with what you've got. Thank you for your input.
    Yes, balls are a factor and your BS reply tells me you have none. Take a stance against the most recent BS ATF opinion and you will have my respect. Continue with this charade and you get none. It's pretty easy to see what you are doing.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    Yes, balls are a factor and your BS reply tells me you have none. Take a stance against the most recent BS ATF opinion and you will have my respect. Continue with this charade and you get none. It's pretty easy to see what you are doing.
    Tough words from behind a keyboard there, DWood.
    Last edited by Shockwave Technologies; 04-23-15 at 22:36.
    Shockwave Technologies is an innovative manufacturer and retailer of firearm parts and accessories, located in picturesque Salt Lake City, Utah.

The company is owned by Martin Ewer—a veteran of the United States Air Force (6920th ESG (ESC), Russian Cryptologic Linguist, 1985–1990)—and operated by a small team of dedicated professionals. We are committed to excellence and personalized service.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave Technologies View Post
    Tough words from behind a keyboard there, DWood. I don't actually need to "take a stance." This thread is about the Shockwave Technologies Blade pistol stabilizer. The open letter you reference pertains to another company's product--not ours. Thus, no need for me to "take a stance." We are simply operating within the limits of our FTISB opinion letter--and recently received clarification that we were happy to hear and share. Sorry you seem to want to attempt to take some wind out of our sails. Now you want to talk balls? Try running your own small business--and being completely self-dependent. That takes balls.

Now if you want my opinion on the open letter about the other company's product, I will tell you that I believe it's simple FUD on the part of Tech Branch. That most recent opinion letter is not supported by current law IMHO. But again, it has nothing to do with us or our product.
    Your ATF approval letter clearly states that your stabilizing brace is legal as long as it is not used as a shoulder stock. You got to the market too late. You are trying to bring a product to market that the ATF says is illegal to shoulder. No one is going to buy your product planning to use it as a foream brace or cheek weld brace. You are promoting the brace as a forearm or cheek brace and trying to sell a product that virtually no one will use in the two legal contexts that the ATF agrees to. FAF. That means Fake AS F*** in case you don't know.
    Last edited by DWood; 02-03-15 at 20:14.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    Your ATF approval letter clearly states that your stabilizing brace is legal as long as it is not used as a shoulder stock. You got to the market too late. You are trying to bring a product to market that the ATF says is illegal to shoulder. No one is going to buy your product planning to use it as a foream brace or cheek weld brace. You are promoting the brace as a forearm or cheek brace and trying to sell a product that virtually no one will use in the two legal contexts that the ATF agrees to. FAF. That means Fake AS F*** in case you don't know.
    Right. Don't knock it until you've tried it. Again, thank you for your input.
    Last edited by Shockwave Technologies; 04-23-15 at 22:34.
    Shockwave Technologies is an innovative manufacturer and retailer of firearm parts and accessories, located in picturesque Salt Lake City, Utah.

The company is owned by Martin Ewer—a veteran of the United States Air Force (6920th ESG (ESC), Russian Cryptologic Linguist, 1985–1990)—and operated by a small team of dedicated professionals. We are committed to excellence and personalized service.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Does anyone else see the humor in these AR style pistol threads lately?

I mean, here I am the big anti AR style pistol guy. On the other threads I push for people to go the real route and SBR their build. Arguments go back and forth about being able to have a pistol in a non-NFA state, concealed carry, crossing state lines, etc. Everybody gets grumpy and nothing is accomplished.

Then there is this thread and the roles get reversed. I built a pistol lower specifically to beta a Blade. I was impressed for what it was and what the price point would be set at. But then the pro-AR style pistol crowd starts bashing the company that is bringing them another option. Everybody gets grumpy and nothing is accomplished.

Marty,

I already told you to put me down for a brace. I would like to be put down for another under a totally random name of 'DWood'. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    I would like to be put down for another under a totally random name of 'DWood'.
    Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Why do you care what people do with their personal property?

Personally I think the sig brace, shockwave thingy, etc are goofy as sin but if its a legal means to an end for the time being since nothing is reclassified then so be it. Is the marketing in this thread a bit sensationalized? Yea, Ill give you that but that's why it's called marketing. ymmv

If you want to vent at anyone please direct your anger at the tech branch for stupidifying reality.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Update: per vltor the extension OD is 1.18 and should be available next week, NOT in May.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Update: per vltor the extension OD is 1.18 and should be available next week, NOT in May.
    That should work just fine with the Blade pistol stabilizer. Anything up to and including 1.25" O.D. Thank you for the info. Free Blade pistol stabilizer coming your way.
    Last edited by Shockwave Technologies; 02-06-15 at 10:00.

Feedback Score

Shockwave Blade Pistol Stabilizer Now Shipping!

Well, we did what “they” said we couldn’t do. We designed a superior product, got ATF approval for it, and are now shipping. If you’ve been waiting, now is the time to add the Blade pistol stabilizer to your shopping cart and checkout. Only $49.95.

Order here.

Thank you to all of you who continue to believe in our small company,
    Marty and Leelee

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast