Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NPR: Concealed carry surging in black community

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I thought it was well known that carry laws were originally intended to disarm blacks in the main.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    I thought it was well known that carry laws were originally intended to disarm blacks in the main.
    I guess well known by whom would be the Q. I'd venture to say most people, especially in the black community (sadly) do not know the racist roots of gun control. I have yet to have anyone, including black friends, not show surprise when it's explained to them gun laws started to prevent free blacks from having guns and like any gun law, are by their nature and intent, elitist and or racist. None of that it taught in school, etc far as I know.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I guess well known by whom would be the Q. I'd venture to say most people, especially in the black community (sadly) do not know the racist roots of gun control. I have yet to have anyone, including black friends, not show surprise when it's explained to them gun laws started to prevent free blacks from having guns and like any gun law, are by their nature and intent, elitist and or racist. None of that it taught in school, etc far as I know.
    Will,
    If someone taught that in a Public School, be that High School or a Community College their career would from the end of that lecture have the life span of a fruit fly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Will,
    If someone taught that in a Public School, be that High School or a Community College their career would from the end of that lecture have the life span of a fruit fly.
    Hence why very few actually know about that historical truth.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    What does race have to do with this thread? Inner city Americans are perhaps starting to recognize the significance of exercising their 2A right. God bless'em.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    What does race have to do with this thread? Inner city Americans are perhaps starting to recognize the significance of exercising their 2A right. God bless'em.
    The title of the thread might be the hint man.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    This is important because although it is just a "blip" on the radar it is important in that it is a departure from the statistic norm in a couple of way.

A) It is a recognition that Black on Black crime is much higher than almost any other crime rate.
    B) Look at it as a small light of conservative values being illuminated in a part of our culture that has been forever pulling the "D" lever.
    C) It is a inroad in to self suffiency and personal security to a ethnic group who has been lied to for years about needing the help of Big Government to conduct their lives.
    If the right person could articulate the reason gun control laws started and why and then drop that reality along with the numbers right in the lap of the Democratic Candidate for 2016 in the middle of a debate,...
    If the right person could articulate "If they lied to you about this, well, what about that? In that very same debate there would be a crack in the base of a group the Democratic Party has counted on, all while neglecting to provide real answers to for decades.
    That message needs to be presented clearly and at every opportunity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12