Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire XC1

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by feraldog View Post
    if/when they update the LED to their newest Titan Plus specs of 300 lumens, i'll order three more for other rails.
    I have a Titan Plus and it pretty amazing how much light (1) AAA battery can put out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i ordered mine from OP in january. took this long for SF to actually produce them. its been my experience that OP's delivery dates are based on what SF tells them and the number backordered.

got mine yesterday. having owned a bunch of large rail lights, this is the first i've enjoyed using. so small, nice wide smooth beam, 1.5 hr runtime on front-loading single AAA, and what appears to be a true 200 lumens. nice controls and being so low, it does a great job at 12 o'clock rail position. its a winner.

if/when they update the LED to their newest Titan Plus specs of 300 lumens, i'll order three more for other rails.
    This is exactly what I intend for this light. Thank you for confirming what I was hesitant to ask as I didn't know if enough people had one and used it for this purpose yet.

I really like the lack of a hot spot as well as I find the hot spot tends to create tunnel vision focusing solely on the hot spot at the expense of splash/peripheral view and gets annoying to watch dance while shooting.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 10-22-15 at 20:46.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    This is exactly what I intend for this light. Thank you for confirming what I was hesitant to ask as I didn't know if enough people had one and used it for this purpose yet.

I really like the lack of a hot spot as well as I find the hot spot tends to create tunnel vision focusing solely on the hot spot at the expense of splash/peripheral view and gets annoying to watch dance while shooting.
    correct! none of that "constantly re-aiming the hotspot" problem.

it one of the things that i disliked about all my old rail lights. tight hotspots are fine for long distance work, like fence perimeters, but it just make things harder close-up.

i have taken it outside and it can illuminate out to 75-100yds, but its definitely failing off that far out and wouldn't be great for target ID'ing.

otoh, its perfect for indoor use, whereas brighter units have forced me to squint after that first initial shock (leaving me with too much night-blindness after its turned off).

thus, i will have one of these on my night short.

one additional note when used at 12 o'clock on an AR rail: the unit will then be sitting upside down, so momentary-on requires you push one of the levers UP (vs DOWN when on a handgun), but i haven't found this to be a problem.
    Last edited by feraldog; 10-24-15 at 11:18.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Has anyone had a chance to try one on a HK P2000 or 45c yet?

Feedback Score
    So does the existing DG-11 switch work with the XC1? If not, new DG variant in the works?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calviroman View Post
    So does the existing DG-11 switch work with the XC1? If not, new DG variant in the works?
    No. The design would not lend itself to a DG type switch either.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    one additional note when used at 12 o'clock on an AR rail: the unit will then be sitting upside down, so momentary-on requires you push one of the levers UP (vs DOWN when on a handgun), but i haven't found this to be a problem.
    You do not push forward for momentary on like with the x300?
    Last edited by EzGoingKev; 10-27-15 at 06:57.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Main switch is momentary only. There is a separate switch on the side of the light for constant on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    no, you press downward on either "ear" for momentary.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    no, you press downward on either "ear" for momentary.
    The more I hear about the new switch on this light the less I like it.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast