Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&P Question

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Quit worrying about it.

If it should break, Smith & Wesson WILL take care of it in stellar fashion.
    In this particular instance I would agree. As a rule, "don't worry, it's under warranty" isn't really comforting for a duty/carry gun. The danger, real or imagined, is that it will break during a fight rather than at the range. No warranty is going to cover that.

But, at least in my case, the gun continued to run after it cracked. I fired 301 rounds that day, and somewhere in there it broke. There was no indication by the way the gun was functioning. When I got home and field stripped the gun, it was cracked.

In fact, the gun had gone over 6,000 rounds since the last time I cleaned it, and for all I know it cracked even sooner.

I've shot many Berettas with cracked frames. At SIG, we had a frame that had the entire front rails machined off, leaving just the two small rear rails to hold the slide on ... gun wasn't very accurate but it was 100% reliable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just put another full size 9mm in layaway. I made sure they gave me new stock. I opened the box and the date on the spent casing was 4/08.
    It had the new finish on the mags with the new grey followers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12