Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colonel CCW Blade

Feedback Score

Colonel CCW Blade

Cool video by BCM. Has anyone tried the Colonel CCW Blade?
    The idea of punching your way out is nothing new but wanted to hear opinions on how this blade compares to the more traditional push dagger design (something like the Cold Steel Edge).

Feedback Score
    Hit hard enough with most push daggers and they will roll in your hand. This blade will not do that. Throw a punch as hard as you can with it, it will not roll. If you can punch, you can use this blade effectively.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Handled a demo model only. Solid, almost Surprisingly so. Saw it driven into a picnic table with a fair amount of force. Table lost. That's when I realized how stout this thing is.

Feedback Score
    Been looking at this for a little while, think it would pass the Virginia reg's concerning push daggers, like the shape and the pommel as an added bit of help short of stabbing
    "A shot never fired is always a miss"

Feedback Score
    I'm carrying one at work right now. The sheath it comes with isn't bad, but I haven't had to roll around with it in there yet. Came with a practice blade which I thought was a nice touch and of course it wouldn't be a complete BCM package without stickers.

I picked this over the TDI and I definitely made the right choice. The blade feels secure in the hand, but again haven't got too much time with it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    I'm carrying one at work right now. The sheath it comes with isn't bad, but I haven't had to roll around with it in there yet. Came with a practice blade which I thought was a nice touch and of course it wouldn't be a complete BCM package without stickers.

I picked this over the TDI and I definitely made the right choice. The blade feels secure in the hand, but again haven't got too much time with it.
    Is the blade sharpened on both sides or just one?

Feedback Score
    Just one. False edge on the top.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post

Did you go with the PRO or Low-Vz PRO?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by G17L View Post
    Did you go with the PRO or Low-Vz PRO?

Low-Vz simply because I thought it would be better in the clown suit. I'm thinking on a new sheath that's a little more flat. For EDC it's not noticeable, it just presses on my uniform weird.

Feedback Score
    I can see it being used like a karambit and having similar strengths and weaknesses. I have trained with the karambit and would rather have a good fixed blade (kabar or other good fighting knife).

As someone who has studied mixed martial arts and has lots of knife experience, I notice that the demonstrators are just asking to have their fingers and knuckles broken. All that their opponents have to do is intercept the fist with an improvised weapon.

I am not a fan of using a knife especially a small one in a boxing (boxing does have its uses) pattern of attack. If you opponent picks up a stick or a rock or using their firearm as a bludgeon (assuming depleted ammunition) to intercept the hand, then the wielder of the colonel will have broken fingers and or or knuckles.

The demonstrators leave their legs exposed and their attacks are just begging to have their wrists slit if their opponent has a knife also.

Yes, the designer is correct about the thrust being the most deadly attack, but it can also easily lead to over-committing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast