Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: POF Revolution

Feedback Score
    Yes when it comes to guns Cali is shitty.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    Ok looked it over last night and did some side by side with my sig 716 and a spikes jo blow 223 with a slide fire stock. The POF is .29 more than advertised. I sent them the question...why.

Everything else is awesome! The size of the bolt and the size of the gun next to the sig is amazing. Almost a full 2lb...had it came in at its advertised 7.3 I'd be just at 2lbs.

It's pretty close to the 223 size...they say it's the same size as the pof 223 so I'd imagine it's a little different. But look how long the sig is to the front of the mag well. POF took a big chunk out the back area of the receiver by the buffer tube area.

Comes with a fluted barrel and a heat sink barrel nut.

My ears are skeered

Now some do t like how POF rail is taller than usual. And it is but I don't mind it. They have a section of rail missing for weight savings and it allows you to mount your scope a little lower.

I mounted my xsight to see how it fits and it's so much better than on my sig. in the sig with it all the way back I still could have used it a little further back and a touch higher. With the way the rear of the pof receiver is I can get the scope back about a inch further and it floats down to a perfect (for me) eye relief. I can grab the charging handle with ease...something I could not do on the sig ever.

Feedback Score
    Nice. I wished pof rail height was shorter. I own the p415.
    I noticed that the 308 bcg is not full auto bolt.

Feedback Score
    So the pof seems slightly heavier than advertised.
    If they could just save some height of the rail it would save more weight

Last edited by tvfreakarms; 03-22-17 at 13:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tvfreakarms View Post
    So the pof seems slightly heavier than advertised.
    If they could just save some height of the rail it would save more weight

I dont mind the higher rail as of now...and matter of fact...for my ATN x-sight II the extra height is perfect...and I can go further back than on my sig...so it really fits better with the POF. I'll probably put a regular glass scope on too one day and see how that works out. With the top rail missing in the middle it gives you some extra space to mount the scope lower.

Thats been the only disapointment so far is its a little fat. I know scales can varry...just dont know about that much. POF replied to my question is a typicle kinda of reply about different scales. Im not really mad tho...its 7.59lb, shoot 308, has a full rifle length rail, with a big adj gas block, and piston run!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLAGT View Post
    I dont mind the higher rail as of now...and matter of fact...for my ATN x-sight II the extra height is perfect...and I can go further back than on my sig...so it really fits better with the POF. I'll probably put a regular glass scope on too one day and see how that works out. With the top rail missing in the middle it gives you some extra space to mount the scope lower.

Thats been the only disapointment so far is its a little fat. I know scales can varry...just dont know about that much. POF replied to my question is a typicle kinda of reply about different scales. Im not really mad tho...its 7.59lb, shoot 308, has a full rifle length rail, with a big adj gas block, and piston run!
    Yes it does have a full length rail. But still I want to know where they got the 7.3 lbs weight when it's more than 7.5lbs.
    But the Sig is heavy. If the Sig had a full length rail I can see it at 10lbs or more.

Feedback Score
    If pof can shorten the height of the rail they could definitely make it lighter

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tvfreakarms View Post
    Yes it does have a full length rail. But still I want to know where they got the 7.3 lbs weight when it's more than 7.5lbs.
    But the Sig is heavy. If the Sig had a full length rail I can see it at 10lbs or more.

How was it weighed?

Rail panels?
    BUIS?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    How was it weighed?

Rail panels?
    BUIS?
    I weighed mine right out the box without mag. It does not come with mbus or rail covers.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLAGT View Post
    I weighed mine right out the box without mag. It does not come with mbus or rail covers.
    Well that sucks. The KAC without rail panels and without BUIS is 8.2# from what I recall, so it saves less than a pound over that.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast