Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    And the APC got a Atlas yesterday. Went with the little bit taller one as I like to have the option to get it higher. Typically where I am shooting has a slight downhill angle so I opted for the extra few inches.

Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-29-17 at 09:59.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Jwknutson17,

How do you like the APC as a precision rifle out to 600-800 yards? How well does it run suppressed with the KAC can? Any issues with the QDC mechanism?

I am debating between buying a bolt gun vs the APC in 7.62 NATO for precision use. I don't reload, nor do I have access to a range beyond 1000 yards. Hence, I can't justify buying a 6.5 creedmoor. I already own a scar-17, so I wanted a precision gun next. It sounds like you don't gain much with a 20" barrel in .308 over 16" with a suppressor. Agree or disagree?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Jwknutson17,

How do you like the APC as a precision rifle out to 600-800 yards? How well does it run suppressed with the KAC can? Any issues with the QDC mechanism?

I am debating between buying a bolt gun vs the APC in 7.62 NATO for precision use. I don't reload, nor do I have access to a range beyond 1000 yards. Hence, I can't justify buying a 6.5 creedmoor. I already own a scar-17, so I wanted a precision gun next. It sounds like you don't gain much with a 20" barrel in .308 over 16" with a suppressor. Agree or disagree?
    I have only had this out to 600 (well technically 580) so far. Just on steel plate at that range. Almost boring after a while.. Well in the sense of repeatability. Ding, ding, ding, ding and so on. The QDC suppressor has zero POI shift elevation wise. None. I didn't think it had any windage either from my many outings, but maybe .2 mil left adjustment on my last outing. I don't recall making the adjustment, just what my turret was left on when I got back from the range and the wind was dead calm that day.. And I mean zero wind. First 5 rounds are always just under an inch. First 3 can be half of that.. 8-10 round groups get into the 1.3 range. FGMM 175gr. Haven't tried the 168s yet. I don't have many rounds down the pipe relativity speaking, few hundred. I personally do not own a 20 inch 308 gun, and if I'm getting into rifle in that length they are typically long action magnum bolt guns. I do think that 16 inch 308 gas gun with a can is really an awesome combo. I do not think you would be disappointed with an APC.

I have not had issues with the QDC attachment method in 5.56 or the 7.62 variants. I have run many thousands through the 5.56 cans and I typically clean up the MD with fireclean after 1k give or take. The 7.62 doesn't see the volume of rounds the 7.62 does and haven't really had to do anything. I do lube the locking collar teeth with some TWB-25 and put fireclean on the ball bearings. I mount the can with the rifle in the vertical position and seems to be right on the money every time.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-30-17 at 17:33.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Does the acc still serve a purpose even if you aren't going to run and gun it hardly? If you aren't going to use it as such very often, is the apc the better choice? Typical use is 300-700 in the prone and hunting out to 400 or so with either a 1-8 or 2.5-10.
    Last edited by Emtothedee; 05-09-17 at 11:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtothedee View Post
    Does the acc still serve a purpose even if you aren't going to run and gun it hardly? If you aren't going to use it as such very often, is the apc the better choice? Typical use is 300-700 in the prone and hunting out to 400 or so with either a 1-8 or 2.5-10.

Some of the test groups from ACCs are excellent, makes me wonder does the APC offer that much more practical accuracy at the price of more weight?

Maybe with longer shot strings, the APC's heavier barrel would shoot tighter, I don't know.

And I cannot find a 16" APC in M-Lok…Correction, Small Arm Sales has 1.

http://www.smallarmsales.com/Knight-...OK-p/31955.htm
    Last edited by Spin Drift; 05-09-17 at 12:33.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Would there be any practical advantage to an APC and having the barrel dimpled to reduce weight?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The base barrel profiles are smaller on the APC compared to the EMC/ECC ones. Dimpling the APC would be more shallow. You'd get the negatives associated with dimples and get a reduced benefit in weight reduction. That combined with very usable ACC precision potential with the chrome lined barrel life doesn't make the non chrome lined APC dimpled candidate a preferred choice for most, but it could fit in a niche for a few.
    There's a place for the APC and the ACC, they do overlap in some areas. Both can serve a purpose well, just apply the right one to do so.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The ACC is an honest 1.5 MOA shooter.

Realistically, do you need more in a semi-auto 16" platform? That's a chest at 1000 yards...

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Ended up with a Tangent Theta TT315P on the rifle instead of the Steiner. The Steiner M5xi was a fantastic optic and had zero complaints, other then I wanted a finer cross hair then the MSR had. So I went with the TT Professional with Gen2xr reticle. Also went to a Geissele Sopmod 34mm mount instead of the KAC 19moa mount.

Last edited by Jwknutson17; 05-10-17 at 16:33.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Ended up with a Tangent Theta TT315P on the rifle instead of the Steiner. The Steiner M5xi was a fantastic optic and had zero complaints, other then I wanted a finer cross hair then the MSR had. So I went with the TT Professional with Gen2xr reticle. Also went to a Geissele Sopmod 34mm mount instead of the KAC 19moa mount.

Those turrets look like they could knock Superman out. Seriously. That's one well equipped rig my friend. Looks outstanding!
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast