Thread: Maybe the best mag there ever was?

Feedback Score

Maybe the best mag there ever was?

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd....KU=1088210&MC=

Steel reinforced feed lips....if it's good for the thicker AK polymer mag feed lips then it should be a God send for dimensionally restricted STANAG mags.

Any body have experience with these?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    30 rnd PMAGs, at $15-18 ea, work perfectly for me. What makes these so much better (honest question) than those? Granted they hold 5 more rounds, but they're also $22/ea.

Feedback Score
    Alright, I'll admit it, I'm intrigued. I don't think they'll perform functionally better than the Pmag (I'd put money down that they weigh quite a bit more, not to mention the extra 5 rounds), but I would be curious to see what kind of abuse they could take. Just cuz.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post

Steel reinforced feed lips....if it's good for the thicker AK polymer mag feed lips then it should be a God send for dimensionally restricted STANAG mags.

I have a couple sitting in my office. They're better than I thought they would be, but I was easily able to deform the steel insert enough to jam the follower by squeezing with my hands. Very reminiscent of AK magazines in good and bad ways. For $22, I would give one a try and see for yourself.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Good to know. Thanks for sharing your opinion/results.

Feedback Score
    Those may be better than USGI in certain ways, but Magpul hit paydirt with the Pmags. I don't think anything will come our way that will top them for a long time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    I have a couple sitting in my office. They're better than I thought they would be, but I was easily able to deform the steel insert enough to jam the follower by squeezing with my hands. Very reminiscent of AK magazines in good and bad ways. For $22, I would give one a try and see for yourself.
    If you have the time, I would REALLY appreciate some detailed pictures on this magazine.

Feedback Score
    I have. There were a few at a local gun shop/indoor range. They're pretty heavy, and could use some lube (that cover thing takes a little effort to move up and down), but seem tough enough. I think the point about the Pmags was that it's the "package deal": durable, inexpensive, lightweight, reliable. Other magazines might win out head-to-head in one or two of those categories, but when it comes down to it which would you spend $100 worth of magazines on?

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post

I just ordered 10 at $19.00 a piece said it will be 190.00 total. I will see how they work.