Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilson Combat Custom Rifles

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Pass on them. Over priced.

C4

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i wonder if Wilson ever sees these threads about his guns? and if he cares?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    i wonder if Wilson ever sees these threads about his guns? and if he cares?
    He doesn't care, he advertises and markets is products to people that believe everything the read in gun magazines.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    A lot of these same pricing complaints used to come up about Wilson's 1911 line too, though the part that people were so often overlooking is that Wilson's customer service actually makes their pistols a solid long-term investment. Given the nature of the 1911, that makes good sense, but the AR isn't -- or shouldn't be -- nearly so temperamental.

If operator-level maintenance and upkeep is sufficient for most hard-use carbine applications, then we're left wondering why one of their ARs should command such a lofty price. We've examined the components and configurations before, and largely come to the conclusion that Wilson's is asking a premium for some largely unnecessary peace of mind -- unless, of course, you're purely a recreational shooter that has little desire to do even the most basic work on your rifle.

I like Wilson's products, and have owned (and still recommend) several WC 1911s, but my preferences in a battle rifle/carbine don't really run toward the gun club boutique end of things. Dollar for dollar, when you're talking about a $2k class AR, I'm not sure that anyone in this business can stand up to John Noveske.

Chief
    Last edited by Army Chief; 11-19-08 at 15:36.
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12