Quote Originally Posted by NealSintercore View Post
I agree, the Valholl Gear gel pads are a big upgrade from the stock pads.

However, I inspected their pads and they will be a bit harder and seal less well compared to my SightLines gel pads and the factory Peltor/Sordin gel pads, due to their chosen design. On SightLines and on the factory Peltor/Sordins gel pads, the depression on the front face that forms a horseshoe ring (SightLines) or oval (Peltor/Sordin) provides a significant, quite noticeable boost in softness and allows the cushion to better mold around the glasses and your face. Plus, the Valholl Gear pads don't have the recessed channel up top that I've introduced.

While I was typing this, I was notified by the Loadout Room (run by SOFREP) that Jens Hammer (former Ranger with 5 tours) had published this review of my SightLines:
Loadout Room review

"I replaced the foam cups with Sightlines about half an hour into my range day. Most of the day was spent testing optics on an unsuppressed AR with a Metallica live album blasting from my vehicle, so the noise was of adequate intensity and variation to gauge performance. The difference was impressive and immediately apparent. With the Sightlines cups installed and the electronics in the Leight ear muffs turned off, I could only hear the bass line on the music. OEM cups? Bass, treble, vocals… I could hear it all. Ambient noise was shut off with the Sightlines cups. It was only dampened with the OEM’s. Muzzle blast was far more comfortable with the Sightlines installed!

[...]

"I don’t have access to advanced decibel measuring equipment. I do have a lot of experience with ear protection. From passive muffs to electronic circuitry provided by Peltor and Bose used in my capacities as an Airborne Ranger turned civilian helicopter pilot I can say this: inexpensive Howard Leight Impact Sport muffs upgraded with Sightlines can hang with the heavyweights."
Awesome!!