Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X Coming January 22, 2018

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    My thoughts were that it eliminates a potential pinch point for a finger or a glove plus it give you a reference point for your index finger or orient a mag in the dark or under NVGs when you can’t look at the magwell. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah, I find it useful as an index point for my weak hand when forming my grip. Initially I didn’t like it but now I do.

I passed about 1500-1600 rounds last weekend. ZERO malfunctions. I ditched the stock sights for some Dawson fiber optic and this has become my favorite go to Glock/pistol in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I know most of you will think this is lame but, I wonder if they will offer some with reduced mag capacity for those of us who live in restricted stated?

15 rounds would do it for me, I like the 17 frame size better than the 19, and I’d get one of these.

Ed

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejr490 View Post
    I know most of you will think this is lame but, I wonder if they will offer some with reduced mag capacity for those of us who live in restricted stated?

15 rounds would do it for me, I like the 17 frame size better than the 19, and I’d get one of these.

Ed
    Not lame at all. It’s just sucks. Unless you absolutely need/want the brown mags, if you find the right shop I’m sure they’d swap out the 17 rounders for 10 rounders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’ve seen 15 round Glock 17 mags on the web that would work too.

Ed

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejr490 View Post

Ed
    They’re available in 10 round versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    I believe there's a part to get 15-round G17 magazines. NYPD uses them, but I don't know if they are generally available.
    ETA: The part number (found on another site) appears to be MF17015B
    Last edited by hile; 05-10-18 at 17:03.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hile View Post
    I believe there's a part to get 15-round G17 magazines. NYPD uses them, but I don't know if they are generally available.
    ETA: The part number (found on another site) appears to be MF17015B
    They are special order. We carry them for local LEO

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasedGymBro View Post
    You could also do the Colorado magazine pin if that would work?
    In CO we just pull the base plates off and the pistols come with "rebuild mag kits".

But yes you can just use a small rivit and it prevents the follower from traveling down further. That is sufficient in CO.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 05-10-18 at 22:55.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Does anyone know if the new Glock barrel will fit in older Glock 19, say a Gen 3?

What about the whole top end? I suspect not here, but...?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Does anyone know if the new Glock barrel will fit in older Glock 19, say a Gen 3?

What about the whole top end? I suspect not here, but...?
    AFAIK, all the Gen 5 G19-type barrels, to include the 19X barrel, should work fine in prior generation Glocks. I do not believe the slides are interchangeable between 3, 4, and 5/19X.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast