Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG SP2022

Feedback Score

SIG SP2022

This is kind of a follow-on from another thread. Since it's introduction, has the 2022 gone through many (if any) "generations"?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not that I'm aware of. Does Sig Pro count?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Since your title is very simple, I hope I can take a liberty here and compare it to its nearest competitor: the Glock.

I understand the SIG was roughly a $400 gun a few years ago.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-sauer-sp2022/

It was possible it would have been a direct rival to Glock because of the price, name recognition, etc.

A recent search on Davidsons Gallery of guns yielded prices from roughly $550-650 depending on model for the 9mm version.

A Glock 17 ranges from $518 to $799 depending on sights, configuration, etc.

So the SP2022 is not the bargain it once was. They are now roughly equal as far as pricing.

Those of you who own both, which do you prefer?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The SP2009 was the first "SIG PRO" in 9MM (SP2340 in 40/357SIG). This was before the accessory rails had become semi standard.

Then the SP2022 which was originally targeted and sold to the French police forces, in 9MM with a pic rail.

There are no real 'Generations' to the line.

I've held them before and they can be found in the $450-ish range often.

Touted by SIG lovers as a great out of the box trigger pull (DA and SA).

But you have to want DA/SA vs striker fired, since that is all it is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 17. 2022 is a more accurate gun but has awkward grip and absolutely no aftermarket support. Not even from Sig. Mine was used and came without box or grip pannels. The one on it is awkward and Sig doesn't offer the other 2 pannels. I would probably prefer the large pannel but seeing pictures of it....that thing is huge looking. Looks like it would be hard to conceal

To be honest I don't really care about aftermarket support since all my guns are factory. Only really care about the sights, which are available for the 2022. In this particular case though I do want the extra grip pannels

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 07-11-18 at 09:21.

Feedback Score
    As far as I am aware of, the SigPro/SP2009 and the SP2022 are the only variations on the line. The main difference being was the availability of a picrail. Mechanically, I do not believe that there are any differences.

These are absolutely sleeper pistols. Only a P-series with a tuned Short Reset Trigger package bests them. In the polymer DA/SA world, they are easily one of the best--if not the best--available. And they can still be found from time to time for $400 if you're patient.

Feedback Score
    Going by some of the online sites, SIGLITE night sights adds about $120 to the price.

Feedback Score
    I fired one a few years ago and was impressed by the overall accuracy.

So, in the interest of full disclosure I must confess that I just ordered one from Bud's for $450 shipped (I applied a coupon also). I'm sorry, but I must blame everyone here for contributing to my moment of weakness.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I fired one a few years ago and was impressed by the overall accuracy.

So, in the interest of full disclosure I must confess that I just ordered one from Bud's for $450 shipped (I applied a coupon also). I'm sorry, but I must blame everyone here for contributing to my moment of weakness.
    To atone for your sin you must post pics.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I carried one for a few months in an IWB crossbreed supertuck but I noticed that somehow the magazine release was being activated. That has never happened with the same holster design with my glocks so I put the sig back in the safe. It’s a fun to shoot and accurate pistol; that issue just scared me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast