Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Army purchase of various SIG weapons...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an honest and well deserved hatred for any carbine made in America that someone had the nerve to place the name Sig on.
    Honestly, I've owned two and they were both shoddy pieces of crap, one went back to Sig, the next one I traded off before I hit 200 rounds down range.
    I cannot express my total disdain for my experience without my blood pressure raising a bit. I ranted here and on other boards about my experience with them until I finally got to talk to a VP. This didn't fix the problem, they simply sent me another crappy carbine with different issues after six months of waiting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I have an honest and well deserved hatred for any carbine made in America that someone had the nerve to place the name Sig on.
    Honestly, I've owned two and they were both shoddy pieces of crap, one went back to Sig, the next one I traded off before I hit 200 rounds down range.
    I cannot express my total disdain for my experience without my blood pressure raising a bit. I ranted here and on other boards about my experience with them until I finally got to talk to a VP. This didn't fix the problem, they simply sent me another crappy carbine with different issues after six months of waiting.

I had a similar experience with two SIG 556's. They weren't reliable at all.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 07-13-18 at 14:09.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Yes, TFB stated the Army cancelled that contract then three days later stated they bought a bunch of different SIG carbines, subguns, and handguns.

MAC torture tests the MCX- which performs miserably. All the SIG hyped tests I've seen show the MCX running perfectly from dust tests, sand tests, mud tests, to over the beach tests. I was impressed honestly until watching this video where MAC just dunks the MCX in a pond or in a little mud and the MCX shuts down. Overall I don't think the MCX performs any better than an M4. Someone needs to come up with an entirely new rifle system, a weapon designed to function in extreme environments, has room for debris around the components especially the carrier group, and be able to pass some basic torture tests.
    You mean an AK? So we are going to buy PKMs?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    You mean an AK? So we are going to buy PKMs?
    They just need to come up with something better overall, something purposely designed to function in less than ideal conditions. Mainly having room around the components to account for sand and debris. I do like the way the MCX is developing but there needs to be sand cuts or reliefs on the carrier group for mud in case it gets dirty along with an adverse setting for the gas piston.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 07-13-18 at 14:10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12