Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FN 509 Tactical RDS-ready pistol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HD1911 View Post
    This.
    Aren’t we past the point of vague answers with no explanation???? Come on man. How about not posting if this is the diarrhea that you are going to spray out.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    I love FN rifles. I have a PS90 , and previously owned two other PS90s and a FN SCAR 16. And, I have read that the 509 is made better than the FNS... But.... After this thread, I would not buy an FN handgun again (I owned an FNP years ago) : https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....roke-my-FNS-9L

Granted, the thread is 24 pages, but worth reading in its entirety...

There seems to be an issue on the FNS series on what the lifespan of the gun is, and the maintenance schedule (which FN won't release). And, they denied a warranty repair because the guy didn't follow a schedule of having the gun checked BY FN every 2k rounds. That is ridiculous!

As someone on that thread said:

Don't do that, and they can deny a warranty claim it seems. I don't know if this new Fn pistol is treated the same as the FNS series, but this is just pure ridiculous...

Another comment on the thread:
    Considering my dealings with FN CS has been nothing but great im sure there's alot more to the story than what that guy is saying

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon762 View Post
    Considering my dealings with FN CS has been nothing but great im sure there's alot more to the story than what that guy is saying
    Maybe.... Anything is possible....

But, you are the only I have seen in over a year who claimed FN customer service was good.

I ran the FN Forum for a few years. They USED to have good customer service around a decade ago, but they got rid of the 1 guy everyone loved many years back. I have seen probably 6 complaints of their customer service on various gun forums in just the past week alone. And my own contact with their customer service 2 years ago left much to be desired.

Now, I love some of their products, so I am not a hater. And, its been a while since I read that 24 page thread, but my recollection of that thread differs from the other guy.

Anyway, if you are happy, that is great. Just thought some people may be interested.
    Last edited by ShipWreck; 08-04-18 at 16:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    Maybe.... Anything is possible....

But, you are the only I have seen in over a year who claimed FN customer service was good.

I ran the FN Forum for a few years. They USED to have good customer service around a decade ago, but they got rid of the 1 guy everyone loved many years back. I have seen probably 6 complaints of their customer service on various gun forums in just the past week alone. And my own contact with their customer service 2 years ago left much to be desired.

Now, I love some of their products, so I am not a hater. And, its been a while since I read that 24 page thread, but my recollection of that thread differs from the other guy.

Anyway, if you are happy, that is great. Just thought some people may be interested.
    FN has terrible customer service. I own 4 different weapons from them. I sent in my FN SPR for Warrentee service and they scraped up the barrel. I sent them pic and they gave me excuse after excuse and I just got tired and worn down and gave up. I am still pissed about it. I still got me an FN 509 and a 509 Tactical.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    So......anyway.

Does somebody have the gun to give some actual feedback?

Feedback Score
    MAC just put up a video on it in YouTube. I didn't watch the whole thing but he was having trouble running subs with a suppressor. Ejection feeding, and not locking back issues.

Other than that it looked good. He was banging away on a steel plate at 50 yards with his rmr

Feedback Score
    He did say it came with a reduced power spring but that wasn't working either so probably need to run with full pressure ammo. It was only a sample of 1 though

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    MAC posted on Facebook that it appears to be an issue with the light and suppressor combination: Remove the light and it works. Swap the can for a different can with the same light and it works.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    MAC posted on Facebook that it appears to be an issue with the light and suppressor combination: Remove the light and it works. Swap the can for a different can with the same light and it works.
    Sounds like a garbage can...

Really hoping this gun catches on and holds up to abuse. We need a solid OEM mounting solution for RDS’s. This is the first one that really shows promise and Ingenuity in design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Not to flame MAC, but he always runs odd ball ammo. Why didn’t he run subsonic ammo from Remington or Winchester? Why not NATO spec ammo? How about a military issue 9 mm can?

Regardless, I already have a Glock 17 with an Aimpoint T1 six second mount. Not sure why I need the FN, but I’ll try one out whenever my local shop gets one to rent.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast