Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colonel CCW Blade

Feedback Score
    This knife is not used like a karambit. The guys showing how to use the knife have trained in many types of martial arts as well, including blade based arts, and have used blades in real world encounters.

Full disclosure: I have trained with and taught with all of the demonstrators in the video. The point you make about having fingers, etc broken is a point that could be made of any type of encounter. You don't have to like the blade, but most of your points are not specifically related to the blade, but personal protection in general.

Legs being exposed to what? A takedown attempt? if you want to try that on someone with any blade, good luck. A stick attack? Maybe. but then you are talking about different situations. Interecpt the hand? Not likely either. Real world knife encounters don't look like movies, and don't go like any rehearsed templates or forms.

The Colonel was designed to be a blade to put in your hand and punch with. No major training or years invested to truly know how to use it. Is it an answer to everything? Absolutely not. It is very effective for it's intended purpose though. A lot of real world people are carrying these. Even Paul Howe recently wrote about it in his monthly news letter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clb View Post

Legs being exposed to what? A takedown attempt? if you want to try that on someone with any blade, good luck. A stick attack? Maybe. but then you are talking about different situations. Interecpt the hand? Not likely eit.
    Exactly,CLB.You just gotta love the internet don't you?I've been carrying a HOOVER HR1,for a while and really like it,but i think i'm going to purchase this one as well.Different knives but similar applications.And use objectives as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    I'm carrying one at work right now. The sheath it comes with isn't bad, but I haven't had to roll around with it in there yet. Came with a practice blade which I thought was a nice touch and of course it wouldn't be a complete BCM package without stickers.

I picked this over the TDI and I definitely made the right choice. The blade feels secure in the hand, but again haven't got too much time with it.
    I see several models on their site. What model is being used in the vid? What did you get? Seems like similar blades, but pretty wide price differences:

https://colonelblades.com/shop/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I picked up the NCO (cause I’m poor right now) a few months ago. The NCO came with a very lame sheath. I need to replace it, looking at the website it seems the prices have gone down and the sheaths have improved

Will, as to the differences. The Colonel is made in Italy w/higher quality steel and G10 grips. It also came w/a kydex holster. The NCO is made in Twain and came with an injection molded sheath and handles.

I think one of the blades are sharp on both sides.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombey View Post
    I picked up the NCO (cause I’m poor right now) a few months ago. The NCO came with a very lame sheath. I need to replace it, looking at the website it seems the prices have gone down and the sheaths have improved

Will, as to the differences. The Colonel is made in Italy w/higher quality steel and G10 grips. It also came w/a kydex holster. The NCO is made in Twain and came with an injection molded sheath and handles.

I think one of the blades are sharp on both sides.
    Thanx. I ordered and NCO also. Will asses when it arrives. I noted the differences in the steel used, but AUS-8 appears to perfectly acceptable for that role, so I'm not gonna sweat that one.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12