Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Browning Hi-power newly made frame using UN-modified Beretta 92 mec-gar 18rd mags...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would not hire you to do product development for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    I would not hire you to do product development for me.
    Well, that is good for both of us since my background is more in professional destruction anyways.

I was just fantasizing and thinking out loud and getting some feedback. No need to be a jerk about it.

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think if u want a more modern HiPower with higher mag capacity.....CZ75

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I would frankly rather see 18-20+ round magazines for the Hi-Power than a Hi-Power that takes Beretta magazines.

Unless you've invested in a boatload of Beretta 92 mags, what's the point?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I think if u want a more modern HiPower with higher mag capacity.....CZ75

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    That actually is a really excellent point.

TED

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I would frankly rather see 18-20+ round magazines for the Hi-Power than a Hi-Power that takes Beretta magazines.

Unless you've invested in a boatload of Beretta 92 mags, what's the point?
    Back some years ago I think there were some surplus 17 and 20 rounders kicking around the US market, I think they were from Argentina and/or South Africa but I can't quite recall.

Mec Gar apparently did make a 20 rounder as well, with the part # MGBRHP20B, but it seems like it's a discontinued item as it's not listed on their current website and is out of stock everywhere else it is listed.
    Must not have been a big seller.
    I have heard that the Mec Gar 15rd mags are less reliable than the standard 13s. Something about the follower design changes necessary to get two extra rounds in the same space IIRC. I think the follower can tilt or something. I have one Mec Gar 15rd but haven't used it enough to provide any first-hand reports of issues, I don't shoot my Hi Power much and when I do I tend to use the 13s.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by jsbhike; 10-13-18 at 19:28.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    CDNN had the KRD mags for a while years ago. I had a few. They were basically a parkerized Hi power mag body with a thinner metal follower and a plus two extension to get the 17 rounds in them. The few I had never worked great with 17 rounds in them. Downloading them a round or two and they were okay. Seeing as you can get 15 round Mecgars brand new I don't see why one would want 92 mags. Mecgar makes mags for all of the pistols mentioned in this thread anyway. David
    Last edited by dwhitehorne; 10-14-18 at 13:26.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Back some years ago I think there were some surplus 17 and 20 rounders kicking around the US market, I think they were from Argentina and/or South Africa but I can't quite recall.

Mec Gar apparently did make a 20 rounder as well, with the part # MGBRHP20B, but it seems like it's a discontinued item as it's not listed on their current website and is out of stock everywhere else it is listed.
    Must not have been a big seller.
    I have heard that the Mec Gar 15rd mags are less reliable than the standard 13s. Something about the follower design changes necessary to get two extra rounds in the same space IIRC. I think the follower can tilt or something. I have one Mec Gar 15rd but haven't used it enough to provide any first-hand reports of issues, I don't shoot my Hi Power much and when I do I tend to use the 13s.
    I seem to recall reading that FBI HRT had 20-round magazines for their 9mm Hi-Powers. Which makes it all the more unfortunate that MecGar doesn't make the 20-round magazines any more.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    SAS used 20 rounders, too. You can make them out in some of the photos from from the Iranian Embassy raid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast