Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nikki Haley resigned this morning.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How about this possible option? She takes Pence's place as Trumps running mate for Vice President in 2020.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    How about this possible option? She takes Pence's place as Trumps running mate for Vice President in 2020.
    No way.... Pence is a sure thing, known commodity, support the mission type guy. He is the rock that everyone would look to and say 'at least he's not crazy and we know what he will do'

Now Haley may be planning for 2024 but not Trump's sidekick in 2020. Why would Pence want to leave or would Trump want him gone? He's a reliable asset.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    No way.... Pence is a sure thing, known commodity, support the mission type guy. He is the rock that everyone would look to and say 'at least he's not crazy and we know what he will do'

Now Haley may be planning for 2024 but not Trump's sidekick in 2020. Why would Pence want to leave or would Trump want him gone? He's a reliable asset.
    He's reliable, sure, but he brings nothing to the table as far as getting votes that Trump doesn't already have without him. Also, how much stronger would she be in 2024 after being VP in the previous term?
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 10-15-18 at 12:16.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm sure he is favored by the Evangelicals.

She will have 6 years to plan her attack, build the team and stockpile money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I'm sure he is favored by the Evangelicals.

She will have 6 years to plan her attack, build the team and stockpile money.
    You don't think Haley would bring a lot more votes than Pence would?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If you look it like that I would say.... I honestly don't know. Maybe, maybe not.

But Haley 2024 get's us Trump/Pence + Haley in 2020. and... Haley/? or ?/Haley + Trump and Pence in 2024

So there is no need to play this pair or that pair. It's a buy two, get one free situation.

She has already said, she's going campaign for Trump in 2020 and will not be running. She didn't say running for what but pretty sure she meant running for anything.

She can do a lot of speaking and probably write a book between now and 2024. Besides that Pence has a the ability to deflect media attacks on basically -anything- that comes out of Trumps mouth and sound reasonable about it to the point they just drop it. That's a rather rare and valuable asset. Pence is the sleeper. Possibly the most brilliant pick. How his kids came up with that who knows. Remember when Trump didn't like him, didn't know him. It was like ok, I just I'll run with this guy. Unless something is going on behind the scenes, the guy is basically faultless and uncompromising in loyalty.

Not that Haley is flawed somehow but she doesn't have any sort of free pass from the opposition. They will gladly attack her. Not so much for Pence.

That's just how I see it. We can have all three and according to her we will have all three. I don't think we will lose votes due to Pence. He's not a negative to voters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123