Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock G45

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Received my G45 back from Glock today and it still has the same issue. I did take it to the range and it functioned fine firing 300 rounds of various ammunition. That being said this pistol still hangs up when unloading by hand, unless you power stroke the slide. The Glock rep I spoke with told me that this is the case with all the 9mm pistols having this new notch. That these pistols were not designed to be unloaded easily by hand but that they must be aggressively cleared i.e. power stroked each time. The rep was very adamant about this. I have personally never experienced ejection issues with any Glock but understand that some have. In my opionion this notch is a poor “fix” for the problem. The only resistance encountered to clear the chamber should be that of overcoming the recoil spring. I have been shooting Glocks for 20 years and never had a problem clearing the chamber for any reason. If you have compromised grip strength, are an inexperienced shooter, or are injured this added resistance can cause a serious problem.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Ah, I don't know what to tell you. I can grip the rear of my slide and pull back slowly and the G45 smoothly pulls back and eject the live round / snap cap.

But maybe I don't know my own strength (joke, I aint that strong).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    Received my G45 back from Glock today and it still has the same issue. I did take it to the range and it functioned fine firing 300 rounds of various ammunition. That being said this pistol still hangs up when unloading by hand, unless you power stroke the slide. The Glock rep I spoke with told me that this is the case with all the 9mm pistols having this new notch. That these pistols were not designed to be unloaded easily by hand but that they must be aggressively cleared i.e. power stroked each time. The rep was very adamant about this. I have personally never experienced ejection issues with any Glock but understand that some have. In my opionion this notch is a poor “fix” for the problem. The only resistance encountered to clear the chamber should be that of overcoming the recoil spring. I have been shooting Glocks for 20 years and never had a problem clearing the chamber for any reason. If you have compromised grip strength, are an inexperienced shooter, or are injured this added resistance can cause a serious problem.
    It is much preferable for a Glock to be harder to clear a live round than to have erratic ejection. This is a non-issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yeah. Same here. I have two G45. One passed 500 rds last weekend and the other just over 100. Both are easy and smooth to pull back the slide to manually eject a round.

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Ah, I don't know what to tell you. I can grip the rear of my slide and pull back slowly and the G45 smoothly pulls back and eject the live round / snap cap.

But maybe I don't know my own strength (joke, I aint that strong).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    It is much preferable for a Glock to be harder to clear a live round than to have erratic ejection. This is a non-issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It may not be an issue for you. I don’t believe in sacrificing functionality of one aspect in order to correct the function of another. Every semi automatic pistol I’ve encountered has required only the force necessary to overcome the recoil spring resistance to clear the chamber.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

New Glock G45

Glad to see these are running so well.
    Last edited by Nightstalker865; 10-16-18 at 01:34.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Have you tried different mags also to see if any change?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Have you tried different mags also to see if any change?
    Yes and several types of ammunition. It is not magazine related, Glock acknowledges that it is caused by the notch.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Well that is not good. Strange that other people that have these pistols aren't having any issues. You could have a bad made pistol.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There's a poster on TOS who is reporting the same difficulty in hand-ejecting, so supports the idea that it is a result of the design, not a quality control issue.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast