Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Voting Age

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    My mother a MD, always stated the down fall of the USA was giving women the right to vote. She stated women vote with their hearts, and not their heads. My mother acknowledged that due to her training she would take in the facts and make a determination for the best treatment of her patient.
    She must know my cowboy friend! That's exactly what he said.

...Or maybe there is some truth to it and multiple people know it.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Actually YOU said " Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    I'm fine with house wives, or house husbands, who are not earning a paycheck not voting. Same for trophy wives or husbands."
    Guilty as charged. Now let's work on defining "paycheck". I'm self employed and I get paid for the work I do. I'm pretty sure you do to. When someone writes a check with my name in the "payee" section, signs it and gives it to me, I call that a "paycheck". Sometimes I get cash. I still get 1099ed on it and taxed, so in my own personal broad definition, that could still be considered a "paycheck" for the purposes of this discussion. Likewise with electronic means of pay like PayPal for example.

My point, which I'm pretty sure you get, is that people getting free money from the government and not earning their own money, should not have a say in how our text dollars are spent. The people earning the tax dollars should have a say.

And before someone brings up the military people, in my view, anyone serving in our military is most definitely earning the right to vote regardless of their financial status. They are doing a "job", as are police and firefighters that serve our communities and get paid for doing their job by the government.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Should we make the age to vote 21?
    More like 45

ETA: Edit to amend and allow .Mil to vote.
    Last edited by tb-av; 11-09-18 at 18:33.

Feedback Score
    The issue isn't age. Very, very few people I know who were leftist in their younger years have shifted right. This is especially true of the suburban kids who move to the big cities. They continue to live like they're still in college well into their 30s: Get some low stress job for rent and fun money, then spend the nights drinking, smoking weed, sitting around talking about how much smarter and better their generation is than all before them, and end the night banging anything with a hole. For that reason, I'm not for disenfranchising anyone, as it will be just more taxation without representation.

Ocasio-Cortez didn't beat the GOP challenger just because of the 18 year olds in her district. That was a combined effort from the far left voters of all ages in NYC.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 11-09-18 at 14:19.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    The issue isn't age. Very, very few people I know who were leftist in their younger years have shifted right. This is especially true of the suburban kids who move to the big cities. They continue to live like they're still in college well into their 30s: Get some low stress job for rent and fun money, then spend the nights drinking, smoking weed, sitting around talking about how much smarter and better their generation is than all before them, and end the night banging anything with a hole. For that reason, I'm not for disenfranchising anyone, as it will be just more taxation without representation.

Ocasio-Cortez didn't beat the GOP challenger just because of the 18 year olds in her district. That was a combined effort from the far left voters of all ages in NYC.
    and her ethnicity its cool to vote for anything other than white these days sadly
    white chicks only check one box so even they do not have as much chance in liberal places of course is what I am talking about

I truly wish somehow voting could be blind and we could ONLY see what people have done and history actual accurate history of course truly see voting records truly see what they say think act etc..

would be interesting if you could do that somehow
    Last edited by Honu; 11-09-18 at 21:04.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    For the Kavanaugh trial it was clearly stated White men are evil. Even elected officials if White are evil and can't question anything other than a White man.

Now they have figured White women are evil too as they caused Dems to lose seats.

It's not racist to say that because the people saying it are more intelligent than White people.

The Left - "We hate racists so we have become racist"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    and her ethnicity its cool to vote for anything other than white these days sadly

Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    For the Kavanaugh trial it was clearly stated White men are evil. Even elected officials if White are evil and can't question anything other than a White man.

It's not racist to say that because the people saying it are more intelligent than White people.

The Left - "We hate racists so we have become racist"
    And what really highlights the double-standards and hypocrisy of the left is that just today I heard on a radio program the top four DNC candidates for the 2020 presidential race:

1. Joe Biden (old White guy)
    2. Bernie Sanders (old White guy)
    3. Robert "Beto" Francis O'Rourke (young White guy who commits Cultural Appropriation and pretends to be Hispanic)
    4. Elizabeth Warren (old White lady who commits Cultural Appropriation and pretends to be Native-American)

You just can't make this shit up.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    In the 1780’s 21 years old was a lot older mentally than today. But being that was the original standard I support Hong back to it. You would also probably have to raise the minimum draft age to 21 but could allow voluntary enlistment at 18.

I would actually love to see a civics exam requirement before voting
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    This is probably a topic for another thread but i'll throw this out there. The welfare system as you guys think it is ended in 1996. In the current system you can only be on welfare for 6 years. And there is a job requirement in most if not all states. There are some places that let you do a hardship exemption but they are getting rare these days. The vast majority of long term welfare recipients are those that have some sort of disability or illness that precludes them from a job that would pay a livable wage but they can still work.

Feedback Score
    I would like to raise the age to vote to 25 years old.
    I would ban Welfare and government employed from voting .
    I would only allow real property owners the right to vote because they mostly bear the brunt of taxation.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast