Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Help me pick a 9mm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to give an update. I ended up taking home a M&P 2.0 Compact. I liked the ergos and it fit into my budget. I think everyone gave great recommendations. Hopefully I can buy a few more recommendations from this list one day. Best forum on the internet.
    Not a bad choice at all. Now buy a couple cases of bulk ball ammo and shoot it. Shoot it a lot...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
    Not a bad choice at all. Now buy a couple cases of bulk ball ammo and shoot it. Shoot it a lot...

I'd recommend Winchester Nato Q4318. Just a tad snappier than regular 115 or 124 grain stuff, good positive functioning of the gun. For a softer recoil try Federal American Eagle 147 grain stuff.

I recently made the carry-gun switch from 1911 type to a Ruger SR9 full size. 18 rounds beats 8. Although I'm tempted to pick up a M&P 2.0 myself.
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 11-10-18 at 16:43.

Feedback Score
    Easy.....CZ SP-01 if you want something to do double duty then the P-01 is your answer.
    The Jeep is Family

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I'd recommend Winchester Nato Q4318. Just a tad snappier than regular 115 or 124 grain stuff, good positive functioning of the gun. For a softer recoil try Federal American Eagle 147 grain stuff.

I recently made the carry-gun switch from 1911 type to a Ruger SR9 full size. 18 rounds beats 8. Although I'm tempted to pick up a M&P 2.0 myself.
    But you already have one...
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...out-of-the-box!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

I do. I wasn't clear--If needful, I'd be tempted to pick up the M&P. (I need more range time before I carry it).

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF?Shane View Post
    Get a Glock 17 or 19. Shoot it till you get used to it. If you don't like it, sell it.

I forced myself to like it because I shot it better than the M&P.
    Funny how things are, I was the other way around.

HK VP9 is a good shout too.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Funny how things are, I was the other way around.

HK VP9 is a good shout too.
    Helped a friend break in his new VP9. Very nice shooter it was. Trigger takeout is long but light, and then when you hit the wall, it breaks relatively crisply. Ran with all kinds of ammo, except my hardcast handloads(free bore is shorter than other guns, not a problem with factory stuff). I thought it was all around a quite good carry gun.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567