Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pros and Cons of Painting your AR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

5) If you have a camo AR and you haven't dealt with the shadow and shine areas on your face and hands, or are wearing a short-sleeved shirt, you aren't truly operating.
    Yep. Or you have a perfect multicam paint job on your AR but wear a blaze orange vest in the sticks.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Pappabear has a few painted guns. I have one, and had one before that. Never had any regrets for doing it. Tan camo guns are way better in the hot ass desert.

I probably ought to rattle another gun or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    Agreed! The difference between an all black AR of some sort and one painted a tan-ish color is significant when you are out in the sun.

Lots of truth in the above.

Feedback Score
    I will be sure to throw up pics of my SR-25 after I paint it, just to see how many people lament it.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I paint mine to help keep them a tad cooler here in the desert. I have camo patterned it in the past but just did brown/tanish this last time. It was easy enough to remove and repaint. Maby next time I will do OD green or similar.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I've gone cerakote on a couple. But paint - no matter how well-intended - always looks amateurish.

I mean, maybe Ryan Evans (Counting Cars) could do one up in orange metalflake, with some handrubbed silver pinstripes, and some awesome candy apple flames... but, WHY?!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I see no reason not to paint my rifles, though I haven't done it yet. I'll probably paint most all of them (the NZ LMT clone may be an exception) according to the Book of Pat.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I painted my first AR and thankfully had a friend talk sense into me because I almost went “binge-painting”. I wanted to paint every AR I owned and aßt that time I had built about 12. Now I have a few that I’ve painted and I like them. They have my own personal touch. I have a few I’ve had cerakoted those are nice too.
    I don’t really buy the resale part because I don’t build an AR thinking of “how much can I get for it.” Or “how much can I get for these parts?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    That wretched ACU camo pattern? Amateurish.

An AR painted to blend in with the terrain in your AO? Smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Tan camo guns are way better in the hot ass desert.
    I'm always amazed how black attracts and retains heat energy, i.e. electromagnetic radiation. FDE, CB, etc. not only reduces this effect but also dampens the sheen that black produces when under NV.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    People who don’t realize that black can get really hot in the sun spend too much time sitting at a covered bench shooting from the shade.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast