Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Time to Stop Buying "Florida Georgia Line" music

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    For a guy that put 74,177 butts in the seats last year at the rodeo...I think he’s doing a great job of bridging old school country music with something that is getting the attention of the folks that are essentially the tastemakers in mainstream country music. Chris Stapleton is doing that as well to some degree.

But my tastes are very much Texas country/red dirt. So guys like Ryan Bingham, Jason Boland, Cory Morrow, and Charlie Robison rule my playlists.
    I'm an Alaskan.. we are taught to hate Texas from birth..LOL... But damn you guys have some good music. I grew up listening to Doug Saum, Bob Wills, Willie Nelson and Lefty Frizzel. (my dad had great taste)... Later I picked up a liking for Waylon Jennings and blues rock by ZZ Top and Stevie Ray Vaughn. Love me some Robert Earl Keen and Junior Brown as well. Oh, and I can't forget Radney Foster too.

I love Charlie Robison, New Years Day is of my favorites. It's too bad he had to retire. Jason Boland and Corry Morrow (along with Pat Green) are in heavy rotation with me. Don't know much about Ryan Bingham, so I'll look into him as well.

Funny thing is, I can't bring myself to be a George Strait fan. (??)

I also dig some Canadian country guys like Corb Lund, Tim Hus and Chad Cooke.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Time to Stop Buying "Florida Georgia Line" music

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I'm an Alaskan.. we are taught to hate Texas from birth..LOL... But damn you guys have some good music. I grew up listening to Doug Saum, Bob Wills, Willie Nelson and Lefty Frizzel. (my dad had great taste)... Later I picked up a liking for Waylon Jennings and blues rock by ZZ Top and Stevie Ray Vaughn. Love me some Robert Earl Keen and Junior Brown as well. Oh, and I can't forget Radney Foster too.

I love Charlie Robison, New Years Day is of my favorites. It's too bad he had to retire. Jason Boland and Corry Morrow (along with Pat Green) are in heavy rotation with me. Don't know much about Ryan Bingham, so I'll look into him as well.

Funny thing is, I can't bring myself to be a George Strait fan. (??)

I also dig some Canadian country guys like Corb Lund, Tim Hus and Chad Cooke.
    It’s okay. We love you. Almost as much as we love Texas...I mean for whatever reason there’s a hell of a lot of us that go there when we realize that Texas doesn’t really have the elbow room of yesteryear.

You’ll like him I’m sure. Bingham’s story is very much in line with the original country music in that it’s very much an outlet for a life lived in pain. Drug addict parents who died when he was a kid, rode the rodeo circuit for a while and then wound up homeless in Paris...and then he turned 22 years old. It’s great stuff and he deserves the success that Florida Georgia has...except I think he’d turn it down.

I’m excited about George Strait this year, and I love his story, but he’s very much a Texas man singing the Nashville country of the day(forgive me everyone.)

Some Bingham to start with.

https://youtu.be/jHnSj9Ls6pU

https://youtu.be/CihHoxiPGmQ
    Last edited by thopkins22; 12-07-18 at 00:15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Time to Stop Buying "Florida Georgia Line" music

Whoops

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Have some Tyson C. Beckford, Vogue magazine's Greatest Male Model of All Time:

Popped up in my FB feed from Colion Noir. Had no idea who he was until I Googled him and I got the Vogue thing from Wikipedia. If anyone here recognizes him, I'd bet it's from Zoolander. And I didn't (but I've only seen Zoolander once and Adam Sandler isn't my kind of comedy).

But hey. Dude in media who likes guns.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Have some Tyson C. Beckford, Vogue magazine's Greatest Male Model of All Time:

Popped up in my FB feed from Colion Noir. Had no idea who he was until I Googled him and I got the Vogue thing from Wikipedia. If anyone here recognizes him, I'd bet it's from Zoolander. And I didn't (but I've only seen Zoolander once and Adam Sandler isn't my kind of comedy).

But hey. Dude in media who likes guns.
    Zoolander was Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson.. but whatever Male models aren't my thing, so I guess I don't feel bad not knowing who he is. I follow Colion Noir on FB, and I'm glad he's spreading the word. A little too hipster for me, but we need troops in that part of society as well.
    Last edited by AKDoug; 12-07-18 at 00:44.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Ah shit..good stuff !!.. I know who he is, just never looked at my screen when he pops up on my Pandora Aaron Watson or Zane Williams channels. Now I have a name to put with those songs.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Who bought this Hick-hop trash in the first place?
    And the thread right there.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Well I guess it's a good thing I don't listen to any of the modern "country" junk. Every country artist just repeats the same nonsense over and over again. Hell, if you break down the average country song today and compare the lyrics to other genres like pop and rap, the meanings of the songs are damn near identical. Multiple genres singing the same crap to fit a different crowd.

Most modern country artists are leftists or at the very least closet Democrats. Honestly, I thought more people knew that already..

But hey, we still have James Hetfield rocking ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ shirts while making metal albums in his mid fifties..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    Well I guess it's a good thing I don't listen to any of the modern "country" junk. Every country artist just repeats the same nonsense over and over again. Hell, if you break down the average country song today and compare the lyrics to other genres like pop and rap, the meanings of the songs are damn near identical. Multiple genres singing the same crap to fit a different crowd.

Most modern country artists are leftists or at the very least closet Democrats. Honestly, I thought more people knew that already..

But hey, we still have James Hetfield rocking ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ shirts while making metal albums in his mid fifties..

Hetfield was on Joe Rogan's show where he went into pulling up stakes and moving the hell out of his hometown of San Fransicko due to the progressives.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Saw Metallica play in Anchorage back in the early 90's and saw Hetfield rocking a Dwight Yoakam T-shirt. Had to smile because I'm sure 90% of the crowd had zero clue who Yoakam was. Hetfield comes up to AK and hunts. Makes him alright in my book.
    Last edited by AKDoug; 12-07-18 at 12:48.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast