Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DD mk18 failure to feed?Magazine issue or something else?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharlika75 View Post
    Agree that it seems like your buffer is too heavy. You can open it up and take one of the weights out, fairly simple to work something out cheaper than buying new buffers.
    Thanks for the input.
    I would think I need heavier buffer, to give the magazine more time to feed before the bolt travels back, but I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Do yourself a favor and get a mil spec BCG, H2 buffer and some Gen 3 PMAG's and start over.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think the mags are the issue.

Is that ammo .223 or 5.56 pressure?

If .223, then a lighter buffer would likely help.

Also, you can definitely use the KAC carrier just NOT the bolt.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I think the mags are the issue.

Is that ammo .223 or 5.56 pressure?

If .223, then a lighter buffer would likely help.

Also, you can definitely use the KAC carrier just NOT the bolt.

It is 223.

Bootleg just send me a replacement. I’ll test again next week. I also ordered H2 buffer to try it out

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get a mil spec BCG, H2 buffer and some Gen 3 PMAG's and start over.
    +1

Does the upper run OK with the std DD stuff (bolt carrier and buffer)?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    This seems like a normal story. People keep buying parts and pieces having no idea how they work and wonder why they don’t work. This is part of the problem I read regularly on this site. People buy stuff and throw it together without having experience of what actually works together. The parts listed in the OP were all outside of what DD originally designed the upper to work with. We building a rifle or modifying one you can’t change everything all at once. You change things as needed, not just because.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glockshooter View Post
    This seems like a normal story. People keep buying parts and pieces having no idea how they work and wonder why they don’t work. This is part of the problem I read regularly on this site. People buy stuff and throw it together without having experience of what actually works together. The parts listed in the OP were all outside of what DD originally designed the upper to work with. We building a rifle or modifying one you can’t change everything all at once. You change things as needed, not just because.
    I see what you saying, but doesn’t apply to this case. I purchased a stripped DD upper from Brownell. I didn’t change 1 single thing from the upper, it’s complete factory upper. I added pri gas buster ch, surefire warcomp and adjustable bcg...why? Because I’m gonna run this rifle 100% suppressed.

I would agree with what you said if I lm trying to build the mk 18 upper myself by testing different adjustable gas block or trying out different barrel with different gas port.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kukworld View Post
    I see what you saying, but doesn’t apply to this case. I purchased a stripped DD upper from Brownell. I didn’t change 1 single thing from the upper, it’s complete factory upper. I added pri gas buster ch, surefire warcomp and adjustable bcg...why? Because I’m gonna run this rifle 100% suppressed.

I would agree with what you said if I lm trying to build the mk 18 upper myself by testing different adjustable gas block or trying out different barrel with different gas port.

His point is that you're trying to use a DD MK18 upper with an adjustable carrier, A5 receiver extension, and A5H3 buffer. If you buy a complete MK 18 from DD it comes with none of those things, and probably works very well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12