Thread: AR10/.308 AR Build knowledge thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’ve got a barrel (22” BA) on the way and possibly a rail (15” Fortis Switch Keymod), and I’ll be ordering a receiver set tomorrow (CMT), getting this build kicked off right.

Is AR308 the same as LR308?

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    I’ve got a barrel (22” BA) on the way and possibly a rail (15” Fortis Switch Keymod), and I’ll be ordering a receiver set tomorrow (CMT), getting this build kicked off right.

I may be wrong, but from what I’ve seen, AR308’s are synonymous with AR-10’s and so the difference then would be the same as the differences between the LR308 and the AR-10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

I’ve read post #59 and a few others but not all 230+ so I might have missed the answer to this question: are the charging handles all the same?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

I’ve read post #59 and a few others but not all 230+ so I might have missed the answer to this question: are the charging handles all the same?

The S&W M&P10 has a different charging handle and if you want to put an aftermarket CH in an M&P10, you have to do some filing. Other than that, no.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

You can run a 7.62 Raptor, a TacOps Sniper (send me a PM ref this charging handle, currently sold by LaRue Tactical as its pretty damn awesome.) basically you should be GTG running any 7.62 style CH. I have a mil spec one, a Wyndham which is similar to the Raptor and the TacOps Sniper if you want to try them & return. Vltor/BCM also makes a decent CH for 7.62 AR’s. I ran all the CH’s I mentioned on my LMT MWS which is in the Armalite pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams