Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sig P320 with RDS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    Suppressor sights (such as Ameriglo), and a proper RMR cut for the Trijicon RMR or Delta Point won't accomplish the co-witness you are looking for?
    The M17 already has the cut,
    But is no one click buy package.

There is some discrepancy with the cut for the SIG RDS, what height front sight for the DPP, etc.

For some reason I had listened to some guys,
    Thought the TLR8 was going to be the issue light/laser, with no problem with holster selection,
    And thought there was a direct screw on RDS/hood/rear sight and front sight combo you could just order.

This has not proven to be the case.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I sighted in at 25 yards then shot an indoor competition with first sized targets at 7 yards. Gee wonder why I missed low. I kept thinking to myself, the dot was on that f$#@&g target. To make matters worse I often favor a 6:00 hold. Shit show.

You would think a guy with multiple RDS AR’s wouldn’t choke on that one. Classic Pappabear.

Maybe I just sucked last night, but I’m going to hit the range this weekend and see where my 7 yard zero hits. My buddy said to me, you keep missing low on all your missed shots so I thought I’m yanking the shit out of this trigger. Anybody pull this move with their pistol RDS or am I off base on my theory.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-03-19 at 16:57.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I sighted in at 25 yards then shot an indoor competition with first sized targets at 7 yards. Gee wonder why I missed low. I kept thinking to myself, the dot was on that f$#@&g target. To make matters worse I often favor a 6:00 hold. Shit show.

You would think a guy with multiple RDS AR’s wouldn’t choke on that one. Classic Pappabear.

Maybe I just sucked last night, but I’m going to hit the range this weekend and see where my 7 yard zero hits. My buddy said to me, you keep missing low on all your missed shots so I thought I’m yanking the shit out of this trigger. Anybody pull this move with their pistol RDS or am I off base on my theory.

PB
    Not in competetion, but my first couple of dot drill targets provided that "offset, dumbass" reaction. There's a learning curve no doubt, but IMO, its worth it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    Mine is sighted in perfectly at 25- dot centered in bull is x hits (mostly 10 ring, but evently around the x).
    At 15 on a plate rack for time, i hold at the top edge of the plates. I assume Im pulling a bit low on the timer. For dot torture at 5, im either dead on(1/2” or so low)or pull low. Worth checking, but I would guess you are pulling down slightly when mashing the trigger in competition.

Dry fire with the dot will show this if you dry-practice smashing it- which I suggest once you get a slow pull down pat.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-03-19 at 19:49.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I will do all the above. The competition is a Mickey Mouse indoor dealio with a lot of very small precision targets. I hear it’s good to do in conjunction with real IPSC comps to make you work on your precision game.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I zeroed mine at 50y. I believe that coincides to a 10y zero as well. I have no real issues shooting things out to 200+ Yards Unless it’s windy.

Otoh I believe a 25y zero is flatter? Don’t remember.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’ll shoot it and if it’s my finger banging issue, I’ll be the first to admit. I shot different ammo in desert vs indoors but whatever I’ll fess up the facts. I was exploring the offset points my friend sold me on.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-03-19 at 21:20.

Feedback Score
    Different ammo can have a big impact too. I forgot about that. 115 gr loads hit noticably lower at 25 for me. Not enough to notice for uspsa, but small plates (texas star at distance) can bring this out- might be another reason for my high hold on plates.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Different ammo can have a big impact too. I forgot about that. 115 gr loads hit noticably lower at 25 for me. Not enough to notice for uspsa, but small plates (texas star at distance) can bring this out- might be another reason for my high hold on plates.
    I thought about this as well as I did use different Ammo.

PB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Took my gun out and shot for precision at 7yards, it was 2 maybe a bit more inches low. Which it could have been off at 25 yards because I sighted it in on steel in a pretty sloppy fashion. Did the 2 inches cost me some misses , yes but did I still yank the trigger and sucked with getting comfortable with a RDS handgun. I hoped it to have been more as bad as I shot so...I crapped out

Bottom line I need to practice practice practice as suggested, and I will do so because I still believe my old eyes will come to love it.

PB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast