Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 13.7 "Do All" SBR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    Awesome rifle! I say that because I have almost an identical gun, and it is far and away my favorite to shoot. Geissele Mk14 with a 13.7 and sandman flash hider, Vltor A5 with A5H3 buffer and Law folder, Trijicon 1-4 accupoint in a larue 1.93 mount, and surefire m600 is what I have, and it's a stellar 'do-all' rifle.

Regarding the Sandman-K, I have one that basically lives on this gun. I think the K is one of the best options for a 12.5-16" barrel. I added the flash hiding endcap because there was significant muzzle flash visible through the optic. The endcap does tame it quite a bit, and was well worth the money.

I'm glad to see others using a similar set-up, and I'm honestly looking to build a second one as a back-up because I do so much with this one rifle. Best of luck on the stamp wait on the Sandman-K, I'm confident you will really like what it does.
    Awesome! Post a pic here, I'd like to see your rifle. ...And ya, I'm impatiently waiting on that stamp. 6 months in and now the govt is shut down. Im sure im in for another 3 months. #repealthenfa (pipe dream, i know).

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Here are a few pictures before I got the light on it. I let a buddy shoot it and he's in the process of building pretty much the same upper. I just bought him the same BA 13.7 barrel here on the EE, and we'll be putting it together in a couple weeks. He'll be using a pistol lower with the SBA3 brace for now, but plans on the SOLGW NOX for a pin and weld.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    How are the Triarc barrels in that length with G rails? I was very tempted to try one with my MK16 but was worried it'd feel like a tank.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    How are the Triarc barrels in that length with G rails? I was very tempted to try one with my MK16 but was worried it'd feel like a tank.
    Why would it feel like a tank? You’d be pairing a Medium contour barrel with a light rail?

Now when it does feel “tankish” is when you have a razor, peq, and a can on the end. lol.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msnyder0609 View Post
    Why would it feel like a tank? You’d be pairing a Medium contour barrel with a light rail?

Now when it does feel “tankish” is when you have a razor, peq, and a can on the end. lol.
    I'd heard different things about how heavy the barrels were, and at that time there seemed to be some discrepancies with the site's weight listings. Plus my two primary hand guards before the MK16 were both a few ounces lighter and paired with LW barrels. In the end, I put a BCM ELW on it, but I do want one of their barrels for a pistol/SBR.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    Here are a few pictures before I got the light on it. I let a buddy shoot it and he's in the process of building pretty much the same upper. I just bought him the same BA 13.7 barrel here on the EE, and we'll be putting it together in a couple weeks.
    Love it! ...Cant wait to get my Sandman K...Unfortunately im at 6 months, and now the govt is shutdown. I bet I have another 3 months or so to go. Also, the NOX is cool. I ran it for a while before switching back to an ASR mount for my other can. It's a little too aggressive as a comp IMO, as I feel it drives the muzzle down a bit too much, but overall a pretty effective MD.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I'd heard different things about how heavy the barrels were, and at that time there seemed to be some discrepancies with the site's weight listings. Plus my two primary hand guards before the MK16 were both a few ounces lighter and paired with LW barrels. In the end, I put a BCM ELW on it, but I do want one of their barrels for a pistol/SBR.
    Right on! ...I'd love to try out the 12.5 midlength from Triarc. I think that'd be a hell of a smooth shooter.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Right on! ...I'd love to try out the 12.5 midlength from Triarc. I think that'd be a hell of a smooth shooter.
    That'd be my first choice, I just wish there were more rails for that length. I really want to put BCM's QRF on a shorty upper for some reason.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Very nicely done man! Some serious quality into that bad boy!

Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    Great build. I run similar...but with a LMT MWS .308 with a 13.7 pinned barrel.
    Shot you a PM, looking for some input on how your 13.7 is running.
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 01-11-19 at 18:54.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Love the 13.7”! I keep building other uppers but I go back to this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast