Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Mebbe time to say farewell to AK rifles..?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Izhmash, Arsenal, CZ, Fabryka Broni have the same manufacturing equipment as HK or FN.
    Immaterial as the AKs normal folks can get routinely have very fundamental QC issues.

And even ones made in the "good" factory have quite a bit of hand fitting.

Meanwhile, absent a few bottom feeders, we can get any number of manufacturers AR's with excellent/superior quality control.

When they are cheaper I wanted an AK, but nine out of ten of the ones you could get had issues.

And now that they are the same or more as a top-notch AR, and you still might get issues... Meh, I'll just shoot Grendel. And be careful during my frequent amphibious assaults under fire.

Feedback Score
    What got me back into AR's was this video to be honest. It fired 30 mags on full auto until the gas tube burst. It was already on fire by the 15th mag. It's a decent system a lot easier to work on than an AK but I still like my AK's overall and enjoy owning both along with other rifles of interest. Now I just need a Class III Colt.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thats an insanely impractical thing to care about in a rifle.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Thats an insanely impractical thing to care about in a rifle.
    1168, meet 7n6.

You should read up on some of the other "requirements" he's talked about for a rifle.

Drop test from 10m onto concrete.
    Submersion in lava at Mt. Doom.
    Shot into low orbit by a rail gun.
    Frozen into carbonite.
    Able to fully function up the ass of an elephant or in the belly of a whale.
    Child soldier compatible.
    Etc.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-01-20 at 12:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    What got me back into AR's was this video to be honest. It fired 30 mags on full auto until the gas tube burst. It was already on fire by the 15th mag. It's a decent system a lot easier to work on than an AK but I still like my AK's overall and enjoy owning both along with other rifles of interest. Now I just need a Class III Colt.

Class III refers to 01/03 FFL/SOT dealer license, not a class of firearms. Title-2 firearms refers to those firearms regulated by the NFA. It’s a big pet peeve of mine when people (including dealers) use the incorrect term “class III firearms”.

All that said, yes you do need a fullauto Colt M16. Everyone does.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-01-20 at 12:25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If I could have a FA Colt lower...,

I would get the classic LMG upper. Colt still low key sells their IAR upper which is a glorified 6944 deal. I think it’s more worthy than the violent HK piston.

Really if I could have only one I would want the classic M16A1 Carbine version. Partially for my Contra larping and also because they are so light and handy. The Sgt Barnes one with the 14.5 A1 sights.

I bang bang. I shoot shoot.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-01-20 at 12:26.

Feedback Score
    You guys almost persuade me not to get an AK pistol but build an AR in 300blk instead. Honestly with current AK prices vs. quality staying with the platform is turning into a tough row to hoe. Like I thought the Hellpup pistol was a good option 'till I discovered that the front trunnion is cast. I could build one since I have a press now but by the time I buy the proper rivet jigs I could probably build an AR for less.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast