Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Larue's LAT/SAT rails

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Why did they not machine MLOK at the 10:30 and 1:30 positions for the entire length?
    Oh, I don't know....$10 an inch maybe? Machine time/tooling is MONEY.....Then it's $15 an inch- like everyone else.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Why did they not machine MLOK at the 10:30 and 1:30 positions for the entire length?
    Other than them thinking it would make the handguard less strong and rigid, what other reason could there be. Why did Hodge Defense do something similar with their Wedgelock handguard ?
    IMHO, other than them looking retro and dated and lacking the sex appeal that many think a continous top rail has, I don't think you can beat them for the price. Also, I ran a CNC mill for many years machining all kinds of aluminum parts, and the time to machine in all the M-LOK slots the full length on their *longest* handguard would probably add less than 10 minutes of machining time. Also, if you use the right tooling and feeds and speeds on 6061 aluminum. your tooling will last a long time before it needs changed.
    Last edited by Biggy; 02-19-19 at 13:23.

Feedback Score
    Just off the cuff I would say for two reasons. First, is that many people don't mount things on those portions of the rail. This then allows for the second reason which is that M-Lok slots have to be machined to a specific dimension, while a "miscellaneous cut" does not. That would translate into less QA and lower cost.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Holy crap, I just went and looked at the price on these. $10/inch? No one else touches that for a quality product.
    What’s the deal with his attachment method? Just looks different from anything I’ve used.

Also, though the flat face of the MBT-2S trigger really should have the edges rounded out, an $80 price tag is outstanding.

I happen to love capitalism and what it does for the consumer, even when that means Amazon (or Larue) loses money for a while to gain market share. It’s business, and we win.

But not having the hand guard reach all the way to the receiver looks super funky.
    That is the same attachment method larue has been using since the early 2000's. Its old but works and is proven.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Anyone has instructions in pdf or youtube link on how to install those rails/barrel nut? I'm familiar with the standard GI and aftermarket Geissele/BCM/Centurion barrel nuts/install, but not with Larue. Are they easy to install/remove or require some stupid red loctite on the outside of the barrel nut (aka Midwest industries) or KAC URX difficulty?
    This is older so it's only 240p, but fast forward to 2:40 for a discussion on the LaRue quad rail and the retention ring.

Feedback Score
    Love it except the attachment method. I mean it’s solid but not aesthetically pleasing.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Anyone have weights on these?
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitenightvision View Post
    Love it except the attachment method. I mean it’s solid but not aesthetically pleasing.
    I just don't want to time a barrel nut if I can at all avoid it.

Feedback Score
    I’m no Larue fan but you have to give Mark credit. He’s changing with the market to keep the machines running. Larue UU kits; roughly $1100 for a small frame including lower, roughly $1500 for a large frame with the lower, MBT $87, now these rails.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    He has the means to bury the competition whom he regards as having wronged him, and he's been executing these steps. I would not want to be on his bad side
    Last edited by Duffy; 02-19-19 at 21:15.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast