Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass shooting in New Zealand

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’m curious to watch it, my assumption is that some of the cartel vids I’ve seen are worse, but I just want to see how this guy acts compared to everyone inside. Something about begging your murderer for help seems tragically incredible to me, I think there is benefit in the occasional reminder that some people are just evil and need to be put down. Shit is never easy to see though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It honestly looks like a video game. The guy is running through the place just blasting people, probably 5 mags worth. Everything is chaotic and fast motion, however other than one guy who charged him at the beginning and was shot, everyone else piled into the corners crouching down on each other so it was like sitting ducks.

After the initial chaos the guy goes back out to his car, wanders around a bit, then swaps for another rifle and goes back in to shoot the bodies again. Then he goes back out onto the side walk and starts taking pop shots at anyone in view. It was a long 16 minutes and it's extremely unfortunate that nobody else was armed to put the guy down. Just one person with a carry pistol could've changed everything.

My take-away for me personally is that this kind of stuff will happen in a public place with zero warning. Not at my house. I need to quit spending so much time playing with carbines that stay at home and focus 99% on carry gun practice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    It honestly looks like a video game. The guy is running through the place just blasting people, probably 5 mags worth. Everything is chaotic and fast motion, however other than one guy who charged him at the beginning and was shot, everyone else piled into the corners crouching down on each other so it was like sitting ducks.

After the initial chaos the guy goes back out to his car, wanders around a bit, then swaps for another rifle and goes back in to shoot the bodies again. Then he goes back out onto the side walk and starts taking pop shots at anyone in view. It was a long 16 minutes and it's extremely unfortunate that nobody else was armed to put the guy down. Just one person with a carry pistol could've changed everything.

My take-away for me personally is that this kind of stuff will happen in a public place with zero warning. Not at my house. I need to quit spending so much time playing with carbines that stay at home and focus 99% on carry gun practice.
    It looked to me like that one guy was trying to run away while the shooter was turned the other way. Unfortunately the shooter turned back just as the guy made it to the hallway and they both kinda smacked into each other in the entrance to the hallway.

Otherwise yea....it was like a video game.

After the first mosque he gets in the car and runs over the body of a woman whom he just shot on the street and drives a few miles to a different mosque and starts shooting people from his car with a shotgun. First two shots through the windshield. Couldn't tell if he actually hit anyone. The third shot was out the passenger side window (our driver side), hitting a man in the back with the shotgun as he tried to flee
    Last edited by Arik; 03-15-19 at 08:47.

Feedback Score
    I watched the entire video the guy was definitely merciless. I'm so desensitized to this kind of stuff I didn't even flinch honestly. I wanna know where the police where, he had all damn day and was completely unopposed.

Feedback Score
    Here is the solution!!! Ban Humans!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Kinda grim but the whole video game aspect reminds me of Video Kid by The Birthday Massacre

Next phase, next craze, next nothing new.
    Got the pretty boy beat him up black and blue.
    Broke the sissy boy's teeny toy heart in two.
    Turned him into a video kid like you.
    I know we're just pretending.
    There's no window for escape.
    I know you see right through me.
    There's no promise left to break.
    Shot the pretty boy killed him on Commodore.
    Need a new game, need a new something more.
    Got a new face got a new way to score.
    Got a voice like something I've heard before.

It must be maturely addressed. There is a large segment of the population the world over who feel marginalized and told they have to give up and give in while others prosper by doing less. “Be the better man” “be a ‘good soldier’”. “Show some charity”

This isn’t new but is coming to a head.
    And there is no real middle ground anymore.

Used to, the biggest flag wavers were immigrants. And now everything has to be theirs including ours.

This is a symptom. And as we all know the more it is suppressed; the more it will drive others to act out in extreme ways. It’s irresponsible to just say “aw he’s just crazy. Vote Republican”

I don’t recall society being so polarized. And having read his manifesto; he isn’t as rambling as the Dorner manifesto. He spelled it all out.
    There is this frustration that needs to be addressed with some reasonable middle ground to be found.

Like some real American History X type stuff. Relatively normal people feeling like nothing matters so they say eff it. It’s happening more and more. Remember SkyKing(who flies eternal shiny and chrome)?

I mean look here. Right here. M4C. A LOT of current/former military and police, or guys with means to afford a pricey hobby with none of the incel 40 year old virgin atmosphere of TOS and diverse black ,white, asian,Native, Christian, Jew, Atheist, Buddhist, and even a Muslim or two and we have a long and IMO goofy thread on Civil War. Not political disagreement like Firing Line with William F Buckley but a shooting civil war.

People were bummed about Obama but these days everything is this huge travesty.

I feel like I am living in a dystopian future without the flying cars, robots, or Wendy O. Williams looking feral female raiders. Like that movie Children of Men.

We can’t ignore this unironic paradigm shift and cannot blame the gun.

This will get some airplay while the Trucks of Peace nobody even remembers. Or Charlie Hebdo. Kinda proving the point.

We can’t trust the news and in a way can’t trust ourselves. Our bias. Our attitudes.

I don’t know about anyone else but I’d rather make love and not war, brown girls are my kryponite, but I’m not giving up my guns because of a few assholes.

Feedback Score
    Be vigilant, folks. Copycats and retaliations.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    I watched the entire video the guy was definitely merciless. I'm so desensitized to this kind of stuff I didn't even flinch honestly. I wanna know where the police where, he had all damn day and was completely unopposed.
    It's my understanding the r police is largely unarmed

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Shooter’s apparent manifesto:

https://www.scribd.com/document/4019...ment-Manifesto

Best part.....

Reading through it, it’s clear he’s a total schizo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And it might have worked had he, you know, not spelled it all out in a manifesto. As is, he's made himself a walking advertisement for the 2A. I will be interested in how he obtained the gun on an island with strict gun control. He's proven the exact opposite his goals. When nuts want to get firearms, and kill people by various means, they will find a way. As always, it's a damn shame people had to die to prove it and there was no one there able to put up any resistance.

But, if it turns out the second target refused to be a victim and sent some love his way and thwarted another massacre, well, that's check and mate as to why being able to defend yourself from violent nuts.

2A 1, violent scumbag nuts, still at zero.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-15-19 at 09:44.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    Most LEO there do not have weapons so I assume they had to wait for an armed response team to be put together.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    I go to NZ a lot. They HAVE guns there. Just have to get a permit... Or at least they did have guns.
    What kinda of guns? What about usual stuff, ammo, CCW, difficulty of permit, etc

A place I have always wanted to visit, but I don't do 20+ hour flights.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast