Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Customs and Border Protection Picks Glock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What's up with the 47? Why the shorter frame/dust cover up front?
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    What's up with the 47? Why the shorter frame/dust cover up front?
    It allows for more commonality between models. It is the logical extension of the product line since the 17 GEN 5 and 19 GEN 5 started sharing a locking piece.

If you buy a 19 and 47 you can swap tops and bottoms at will to create 4 different configurations: Compact, Fullsize, Compact frame with Full slide, Full frame with Compact Slide.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Lol! Alright - I admit my snowflake comment was a bit out of bounds. I just hate losing a useful (to me) feature. And I don’t find myself having to rip out mags. I have had very few issues with my personal or agency Glocks but I train for the worst case. Just like I practice one hand manipulations with my rifles. I don’t want to have to figure out how to do it while someone is trying to kill me.

And I’ll concede that hands do get pinched on reloads with shorter pistols. I’ve had it happen and while it didn’t draw blood it was quite painful. I can’t remember the last time I did that because several years ago I started using G17 mags for all my spare mags and reloads. The only 15rd mag I use with my G19 is the one in the gun. My G26 also gets reloaded with G17 mags.

For the record, while I don’t have the budget to shoot 2k rounds a month I do shoot almost every weekend and shoot a match almost every month. I’ve also paid out of pocket for classes with various top tier instructors because my agency won’t. Although I do think saying it’s universally hated is hyperbole.

And I agree - it’s easier for me to cut out my own half moon than it is for you to fill it. But hey, at least I’m debating with someone who shoots instead of the people who slow fire 50 rounds a year from 7 yards. :cheers:
    It’s all good my man! Glad to hear you’re one of the dudes that actually does train. I know more than a few guys that carry a gun for a living that you couldn’t twist their arm to shoot or take a train course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    So no more brass in the forehead?

My wife's 19 spits brass in my face all day long. I hate that gun...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    My G45 shuck brass like a fat man tosses chicken bones - 3 o'clock out to 10+ feet, very positive.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    My G45 shuck brass like a fat man tosses chicken bones - 3 o'clock out to 10+ feet, very positive.
    Mine does the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The 47 is a full-size G17-ish-size pistol. Allegedly it is a Gen 5 pistol with a Gen 4 trigger- I am working on confirming this. The dust cover is indeed shorter and it is cut for a MRDS. There will also be a G19 and G26 available. These new handguns are a welcome change for the Border Patrol and I’m sure that they will be well received.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Anybody know if these are getting Ameriglo Trooper sights or similar?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sig is an affront to all that is decent.

All BP should have Glock 35s and SR16s

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    When did Gen3 glocks have the cutout? I've owned like 5 and have been issued 2 and have never seen a Gen3 with the cutout the Gen5 19 has.
    Gen 1, 2 and early Gen 3s had the cut out. My DHW prefix Gen3 G35 has the cut out. I bought it New in the mid to late 90s.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    The 47 is a full-size G17-ish-size pistol. Allegedly it is a Gen 5 pistol with a Gen 4 trigger- I am working on confirming this. The dust cover is indeed shorter and it is cut for a MRDS. There will also be a G19 and G26 available. These new handguns are a welcome change for the Border Patrol and I’m sure that they will be well received.
    Considering that the 26 and 19MOS that are also part of the award say Gen 5 along side DHS CBP on the slide on the announcement propaganda Glock put out, I would assume that they have Gen 5 Triggers. It would be strange for Glock to submit the older design and even stranger to submit a proposal with old and new trigger designs when all three guns could otherwise interchange trigger parts at will.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast