Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Needing a smaller 9mm EDC... with a manual safety?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Walther CCP? Haven't shot one, but ergonomics seem good.

Kahr PM9 just about 100% requires loading by dropping the slide stop vs. slingshot and magazines tend to lose a round or 2 while being carried. Other wise, they are pretty slick and are tiny compared to just about anything 9x19 I can think of.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Shield is only thinner, not necessarily smaller. The butt of the pistol is still relatively large, IMO.

The Walther CCP is a good choice, with the small magazine. I didn't like the multiple capacity magazines, since it made every reload 'different.' I can't explain,but just felt the changing baseplate size made things awkward.

The P365 is, IMO, a great choice. Smaller butt, reloads aren't quite as awkward with the CCP. Sure, there's the (relatively recent) question of reliabliity ... which I think is overblown online (again, IMO). I have a full size and compact S&W M&P 9, both the 'gen 2' versions. To me, the p365 is what the Shield should have been. It just naturally follows the ergos and natural POA for me. If it comes with the safety at some point, give it serious look.

I've tried a commander size 1911, Glock 19, Ruger LCP II, Springfield 911, Sig 228, Sig 229, and a gen 1 M&P compact, in addition to the three pistols above, as a CCW option. I liked the LCP2 as well, but a .380 just didn't buy me the piece of mind, plus it's a snappy MF'er. I really like the Sig.
    Last edited by Caduceus; 05-19-19 at 20:10.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ebone View Post
    Ruger LC9s, nice a little can be had with a manual safety, love mine
    Or, if your looking for a similar one at a cheaper price, the EC9s. Mine is great...my daughter has the LC9s, and it is the same as the EC9s, with better sights.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Do you "think" you print badly or has someone told you so. I am slim myself and IWB a full size P30. I though it was fairly noticeable myself until my wife told me she didn't even notice it and I was wearing shorts and a tshirt. Now I don't pay it any mind and a good buddy of mine who knows I carry at church jokingly went to pat at it and went for my right hip and I shoot pistol left handed - again, shorts and a tshirt. He is clueless gun wise, but again, most people are.
    If you can't conceal a USP 9mm compact, then consider changing holsters and/ or your method of dress.

That pistol is almost identical in size to the Glock 19 in size. I have owned and carried both.

I laugh when I see someone carrying a pistol wearing Jean's and a tight or slim fitted shirt, because it shows.

I even carried a Glock 17 and 226 with extra mags concealed.

Most people are not eye balling you for carrying a gun except for cops and criminals.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiDevil View Post
    If you can't conceal a USP 9mm compact, then consider changing holsters and/ or your method of dress.

That pistol is almost identical in size to the Glock 19 in size. I have owned and carried both.

I laugh when I see someone carrying a pistol wearing Jean's and a tight or slim fitted shirt, because it shows.

I even carried a Glock 17 and 226 with extra mags concealed.

Most people are not eye balling you for carrying a gun except for cops and criminals.
    I agree. A holster better suited to concealed carry & a loose fitting t-shirt should cover a compact handgun just fine. I like the Carhart Ts, because I'm tall & they're the only ones that I can find with a long shirt tail anymore. Heck, get one of those loud printed Hawaiian shirts & you can conceal a Remington 870. A Glock 19/Sig 229 is about as small a handgun as I'm comfortable shooting or carrying & nobody's ever said anything to me.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Feedback Score
    It's been my experience holster choice, proper waist position, proper belt and clothing selection have more effect on concealabilty that choice of pistol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FWIW, health issues have forced me to downsize my EDC most of the time. I picked up a Ruger EC9s about a year ago and out of necessity it's filled that role. It's minimalist, basic, runs well, shoots to the (fixed) sights, and drops into a pocket. Nobody notices. It has a manual safety for those as like them; I never use it.For years a S&W 442 filled that role--but I like this better. Not to mention it's a $200 gun.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    OP, if carrying appendix, look into the holsters that have the "claw" on them. It really helps push the butt into you side.

This is nice, get the metal clips though
    https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-WC2.html
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234