Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Secret Service goes Glock 19 mos

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    20 years with the 229 is a surprisingly long period of time. They’re the last major “visible” agency I’m aware of still issuing .357 Sig guns. It’s always been a “meh” caliber for me and I’ve only shot it a few times, but I’d take it over .40, if I had to.
    Virginia State Police still use the .357 Sig. They just transitioned from the 229 to the 320. I do think the caliber is in it's way out though. I like the caliber but only have one platform in it. There isn't a concrete reason for me liking it either, just one of those things.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post
    Virginia State Police still use the .357 Sig. They just transitioned from the 229 to the 320. I do think the caliber is in it's way out though. I like the caliber but only have one platform in it. There isn't a concrete reason for me liking it either, just one of those things.
    Troops stick with .357 sig because it performs well on intermediate barriers is my understanding.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Troops stick with .357 sig because it performs well on intermediate barriers is my understanding.
    Troopers in Tennessee carry a Glock in .357Sig for that reason as well
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    I can’t seem to find info on what type of iron sights they will be using.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Total guess but if the USSS is buying off the CBP contract they would be getting the exact same features. David

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I’ll check out the specs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If law enforcement is going to buy Glock, why don't they buy American, like Smith M&P?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    If law enforcement is going to buy Glock, why don't they buy American, like Smith M&P?
    Because obviously American manufacturers are unable or unwilling to manufacture the pistols that American law enforcement wants at the prices American law enforcement is willing to pay.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Glock press release says the sights will be Ameriglo Bold.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Because obviously American manufacturers are unable or unwilling to manufacture the pistols that American law enforcement wants at the prices American law enforcement is willing to pay.
    Not so obvious, since many TX lawmen carry M&P in 9 or 40.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast