Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DD5V3 Review Thread

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Refresh my memory: the V5 uppers fit what lowers? ADM or LMT?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    Refresh my memory: the V5 uppers fit what lowers? ADM or LMT?
    IIRC, the DD upper and lower are proprietary to DD only.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Timely update, thanks.

Related item, looks like DD is selling standalone uppers for these now. A good sign that they will support this platform.

https://danieldefense.com/uppers.html
    Ya, that is a good sign. The upper is crazy expensive as far as MSRP is concerned, but should be about $1300 street price by my estimation. If that is the case, I may pick up a 6.5 upper.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can anyone comment on how this rifle handles shooting offhand standing?

I am considering one of these in 308 for a woods/hunting rifle mainly just to have the power of 308 over .223 for hogs and such.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A suggestion, if you are able to spend $2,000 on a semi-auto .308, you might want to give the LMT MWS a good look. I picked mine up on sale from LMT for $2000, and I've found it extremely accurate (when I do my job). I had it out to the range today and tested several ammo brands and loads and my best results of the day were with PRIME Ammo .308 175gr HPBT.

Here's my best group.

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 5.35.31 PM.jpg

Feedback Score
    Anything new with this? I have a buddy wanting one
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Low Speed, great write up, I just found it. Very impressive groups with that scope, bipod ( sorry had to). FGGM is good factory stuff. You might want to try both the FGGM 7.62 and the 308, different loads and your gun might prefer one over the other. And never forget the 175's too. Another impressive thing about your groups is you were changing powder all day long and some barrels dont like that. And yes, shooting a big bore precision gas gun has its idiosyncrasies.

Gun looks super clean and well built. Keep us posted on your suppressed fire when it gets out of jail. Congrats on the nice purchase, bring it down to the desert and we will stretch its legs.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Can anyone comment on how this rifle handles shooting offhand standing?

I am considering one of these in 308 for a woods/hunting rifle mainly just to have the power of 308 over .223 for hogs and such.
    Offhand? It's a 308 gas gun, so mild recoil. It's a smooth shooter, sharper in recoil than an ar15 obviously. Lots of people have been offhand shooting 308 rifles for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Anything new with this? I have a buddy wanting one
    New as in? I'd be happy to take more specific requests for pictures specs, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Low Speed, great write up, I just found it. Very impressive groups with that scope, bipod ( sorry had to). FGGM is good factory stuff. You might want to try both the FGGM 7.62 and the 308, different loads and your gun might prefer one over the other. And never forget the 175's too. Another impressive thing about your groups is you were changing powder all day long and some barrels dont like that. And yes, shooting a big bore precision gas gun has its idiosyncrasies.

Gun looks super clean and well built. Keep us posted on your suppressed fire when it gets out of jail. Congrats on the nice purchase, bring it down to the desert and we will stretch its legs.

PB
    PB,

I am glad you joined the thread, you are one of my long range gurus! I'd like to try the 175 next as i now realize I have been staying in the lighter weights. My sandman k should be here before the sandman s, so I'm looking forward to see not only how ilthe accuracy is with a can, but also how the adjustable gas system functions when suppressed and if it is even needed.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Offhand? It's a 308 gas gun, so mild recoil. It's a smooth shooter, sharper in recoil than an ar15 obviously. Lots of people have been offhand shooting 308 rifles for a long time.

New as in? I'd be happy to take more specific requests for pictures specs, etc.

PB,

I am glad you joined the thread, you are one of my long range gurus! I'd like to try the 175 next as i now realize I have been staying in the lighter weights. My sandman k should be here before the sandman s, so I'm looking forward to see not only how ilthe accuracy is with a can, but also how the adjustable gas system functions when suppressed and if it is even needed.
    Yea, very interested in seeing how it performs with that adjustable gas system. I think that is a huge upgrade. LMT should make an adjustable gas block too but I doubt they ever will.

It seems like most folks found the 168's to be the sweet spot for AR10 gas guns, but every gun and barrel is its own master. Last time out with mine it shot dimes with 175's. LS HD, keep the thread updated.

Im taking out your guns brother tomorrow, The Delta 5. Got it bedded and hope to shoot some very small groups both near and far.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah I meant more in terms of the weight and balance holding on a target off hand while standing in the woods. Think still hunting. I'm more concerned the weight of the rifle would be annoying compared to a light handy bolt action.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast