Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All purpose tactical shotgun, pump vs semi?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    It's 2020, unless you have owned and trained on a pump for the last however number of decades, are currently issued a pump, have a very limited budget, or bad local laws, there is no reason to pick one...

M2 if you are into pain.

+1

A pump gun is a non-starter: It's like asking whether you should buy a single-action revolver or a semi-auto pistol.

My M1 and my M2 are not painful at all. They're delightful to shoot, and the aftermarket support is vast.

Feedback Score
    What about an AK style 12G? Anyone have experience with those?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    “ M4 if you want to use it as a crowbar”? Implying it weighs a ton or is rugged as hell?

It's 2020, unless you have owned and trained on a pump for the last however number of decades, are currently issued a pump, have a very limited budget, or bad local laws, there is no reason to pick one.

1301 if you want to keep it light
    M4 if you want to use it as a crowbar
    M2 if you are into pain
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a Benelli semi auto and a Nighthawk 870 all slicked up. Both are awesome. Benelli is crazy reliability.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It's 2020, unless you have owned and trained on a pump for the last however number of decades, are currently issued a pump, have a very limited budget, or bad local laws, there is no reason to pick one.
    Ok, I'll say it. Remington 870 Wingmaster Pump 18" with rifle sights, change the follower to a steel one. Spend another $500-$750 on training, I recommend Randy Cain's 3 day shotgun class. Shoots anything (birdshot, 00 buck & slugs) all day long with no semi spring/gas related feeding nonsense.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Remington 870 is the only gun I've ever regretted buying. I'm damn near ready to give mine away. I bought a 590A1 yesterday. Looking forward to having a decent pump, it just feels better in the hand plus the Remington controls are stupid AF.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHandsome View Post
    What about an AK style 12G? Anyone have experience with those?
    I had a Saiga12 back in the day. I'm not a shotgun guy so the novelty wore off quick. Otherwise it functioned fine although many have problems cycling low brass and a loaded mag can be hard to seat on a closed bolt

Shot a friend's Vepr12. Definitely a better shotgun when compared to a Saiga.

For how much I shoot shotguns I sold the Saiga and bought a used police Remington 870 magnum for $170. Been years since I even handled it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Remington 870 is the only gun I've ever regretted buying. I'm damn near ready to give mine away. I bought a 590A1 yesterday. Looking forward to having a decent pump, it just feels better in the hand plus the Remington controls are stupid AF.
    I'd be willing to send you a box and postage to ship it to me, as long as it's not an Express.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Ok, I'll say it. Remington 870 Wingmaster Pump 18" with rifle sights, change the follower to a steel one. Spend another $500-$750 on training, I recommend Randy Cain's 3 day shotgun class. Shoots anything (birdshot, 00 buck & slugs) all day long with no semi spring/gas related feeding nonsense.
    I love 870's, but as someone mentioned, it is 2020, most modern gas operated semi's will shoot just about anything you load into them.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

All purpose tactical shotgun, pump vs semi?

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'd be willing to send you a box and postage to ship it to me, as long as it's not an Express.
    Unfortunately it is an express, which is the problem. I actually knew they had some issues before I bought it, but I thought that surely they were overblown because there’s no way someone could take a shotgun that had been a solid performer for decades and make it shitty. Obviously I was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast