Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Prototype upper?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    And 26 Inf, BCM has put the logos on their complete uppers, and only their complete uppers, for like ten years. Where you been bro?
    For the most part not buying complete uppers, I have yet to buy a complete rifle. Probably the closest I've come is my LaRue 6.5G which was an Ultimate Upper Kit as well as a lower, or the Colt CCU I put together from a complete Colt lower and then a complete (except BCG and CH) CCU upper both from Brownell's.

I use BCM blem uppers for almost everything I put together, this new upper is the first non-blem stripped upper I've bought from them.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Now add in the clownfish who don't understand what a sustained rate of fire is, what benefits an increase in rigidity brings, or why BCM marks products, and it is like the monkeys are trying to run the circus.
    Well, excuse me all to f#$% for not knowing BCM corporate policy on marking stripped uppers.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Don’t take it personally, homie. The reason BCM marks certain products and not others is simple:

1) Bubba buys BCM marked upper
    2) Throws cheapest garbage aluminum gas block and trash $89 special barrel on it
    3) Slips some hinky Chinesium BCG in it
    4) 6 Months later sells “BCM” upper
    5) Unsuspecting buyer gets it
    6) Total Turd
    7) “Lulz, BCM sucks”

That’s one, among many, reasons certain companies mark their uppers and carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Well, excuse me all to f#$% for not knowing BCM corporate policy on marking stripped uppers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    >Serious Shooter
    >Caring what logo is on your gun and fretting about aesthetics

Pick one

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Don’t take it personally, homie. The reason BCM marks certain products and not others is simple:

2) Throws cheapest garbage aluminum gas block and trash $89 special barrel on it
    6) Total Turd
    7) “Lulz, BCM sucks”

That’s one, among many, reasons certain companies mark their uppers and carriers.
    Not intending this to be a sharp answer, but if you recall when you and Wake 77 brought it to my attention that BCM marked complete uppers, I responded 'didn't know, makes sense.'

Now I'm referred to as a 'clownfish' by a guy who probably has his name marked on his wife and kids' bottoms.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 01-11-20 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Not intending this to be a sharp answer, but if you recall when you and Wake 77 brought it to my attention that BCM marked complete uppers, I responded 'didn't know, makes sense.'

Now I'm referred to as a 'clownfish' by a guy who probably has his name marked on his wife ans kids' bottoms.
    This thread has been such a complete disaster.

This is the icing on the Finding Nemo cake.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    This thread has been such a complete disaster.

This is the icing on the Finding Nemo cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Bought one out of curiosity just to see for myself after waiting for two years to get it released. Some original skepticism and concerns aside...

Initial impressions - absolutely great! Perfect machining, finish, anodizing, and dry lube inside.
    Overall design, in my opinion is a step or two ahead of a mil-spec upper. For some reason it feels lot more streamlined and compact around a brass deflector and a forward assist.

Haven't assembled it into the complete yet, but barrel extension seems to be ultra tight - much, much, tighter than a standard BCM upper and definitely will require some heat to install.

Area around the port cover door is very thick, so is the area just below a barrel nut threads. Geissele rails with lower anti-rotation tabs (MK13/14) won't fit out of the box and will require tabs to be filled off approximately 1.5-2mm on each side. Rails like Centurion might or might not fit, as the area just above barrel nut (and below the area where BCM MCMR anti-rotational tabs install) also appear slightly thicker than a mil-spec. For the reference see post #129 for BCM rail tabs location: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...41#post2783841

If you're not planning to move a handguard around it's probably worthwhile to file tabs to size.

Fit to lower (again try fit for testing) - feels to have less slop than a regular BCM upper (good improvement), but not medium-tight like some Aero uppers. No concerns regarding a fit.

It feels like a solid product. No concerns with aesthetics. After some initial concerns about a rail fitment, I think it's a winning product and see no reason to buy other higher priced mil-spec uppers like a regular BCM, COLT, LMT, DD over this.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The comment was made in general, and not directed at you. As far as I know, you don't fall into the clownfish category. The comment was made in the generic sense for those on multiple boards, and the term clownfish is used by myself to avoid using the obscenities I would use to people in person.

While you and I do not agree on everything, I consider you a good egg, and appreciate the posts you make on the board. From your replies, it appears you took my comment as a personal attack, and for that you have my apology. The Troglodytes who should have understood the barb are probably too ignorant to understand.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post

6) Total Turd
    7) “Lulz, BCM sucks”

You nailed it. If you look at the batch of recent muzzle devices and charging handles which are sold for cheaper than OEM, people don't understand it is cheap garbage coming into the country at dirt cheap prices. If I can find the price list, I'll post it so people can see how things work in the industry (and general commerce).
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast