Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Night Sights With RMR Or No?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I understand and I believe in the Black on Black BUIS.

I retired from the streets before MRDS were being utilized. I have set up 2 pistols with them as my eyes have weakened at 65 yoa. Muscle memory is what a lot of shooters have relied on for their lifetime. Does a night sight make it easier up front? Not for me. Distractions.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    G19.5 MOS, Sight to rear of RMR

Rear Sight in Front of the RMR

POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If you think you can never lose your dot in the dark, you’re crazy.

If you think you can’t safely concealed carry a gun with a light, thats nuts.

If you cannot envision a circumstance in which your light fails, yet you have already determined that the threat requires deadly force, you have not trained enough force on force in low light to be giving advice on this topic.

My dual-illuminated RMR had dead tritium from the factory, and after Trijicon fixed it, it is still exceedingly dim. Like, you need to be in a windowless room with no light to see it all. A tritium front would likely help in dim light, where the fiber optic in the RMR is not illuminating. Something to consider before making absolute judgements.

If I ever get around to replacing my factory sights on my dual illuminated RMR slide, I’ll probably go with a tritium front. Most of my other pistols with replaceable fronts have tritium already.

Whether you prefer night sights or plain black, you’ll have to train with both and make that decision for yourself. There are merits to both arguments. If you simply prefer a less busy sight picture, I get that.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    If you think you can never lose your dot in the dark, you’re crazy.
    Yes, you can lose the dot in darkness. You can lose it in daylight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    If you cannot envision a circumstance in which your light fails, yet you have already determined that the threat requires deadly force, you have not trained enough force on force in low light to be giving advice on this topic.
    I can envision that circumstance. Everything can fail.
    Last edited by D_M; 02-13-20 at 08:33.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by D_M View Post
    The holster I currently use for IWB carry with a WML is very close to the firearm and prevents any unwanted things from getting into it.
    If you've time, take a few picks from below, with some rearward and side to side angulation, aiming mostly at the point of trigger guard to frame junction. If you don't have time, it is all good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    If you've time, take a few picks from below, with some rearward and side to side angulation, aiming mostly at the point of trigger guard to frame junction. If you don't have time, it is all good.
    I will when I get to the house. Since it was mentioned, you all have piqued my curiosity. In the past, I have tried to wedge my finger between the holster and the frame and I could not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No finger is going to slip in there...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not concerned with fingers. Shirt ends, undershirts, in some instances drawstrings, anything that might be found around the waistline. As I had said, I carry appendix, I want the trigger guard area covered shut. I want "no chance of shit getting in there" over "low chance" when it comes to my femoral artery proximity. There have been pretty dramatic cases of self induced GSWs due to clothing getting inside AIWB holsters.

Thanks for taking the time to snap and post.
    Last edited by YVK; 02-13-20 at 21:33.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not concerned with fingers. Shirt ends, undershirts, in some instances drawstrings, anything that might be found around the waistline. As I had said, I carry appendix, I want the trigger guard area covered shut. I want "no chance of shit getting in there" over "low chance" when it comes to my femoral artery proximity. There have been pretty dramatic cases of self induced GSWs due to clothing getting inside AIWB holsters.

Thanks for taking the time to snap and post.
    That has more to do with reholstering and safe practices.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I agree, that indeed has more to do with reholstering and safe practices.

Having a holster that doesn't leave any chance of external material making its way inside of a trigger guard is one of those safe practices.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast