Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: CORVID-19 Preps?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Please, if you are going to post numbers of any kind please post a link to where you got those numbers. This thread is already turning into a dumpster fire with "its just a flu bro" crowd. To keep it factual please post links so we can track it and double check sources.
    Numbers came off the dashboard, though everyone knew about this, I don't believe numbers from China and Iran but these are supposed to be the official numbers I think.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Numbers came off the dashboard, though everyone knew about this, I don't believe numbers from China and Iran but these are supposed to be the official numbers I think.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
    Thanks for this!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    One chick getting ill from either not having fully recovered or having contracted the disease a second time does not affirmatively state no recovery is possible.

I get a hoot over sensationalism but that’s just intellectually and logically stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude. I’m gonna need you to take it down a notch.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hate to mention the obvious, but maybe a worldwide pandemic is exactly what's to refocus the world on something. History is full of global or near global events that didn't wipe everyone out. Resilience and innovation from the ashes are part of how we live today.

Or they figure out a cure/vaccine in a year, so only double digit millions dead. The world could live with 3-5% less population since that's way less that are mal or undernourished and may die from starvation in the next year anyway.

Common sense is key, my list is like Hurricane season living in FL or tornado season in the midwest.

1. Keep family close and refocus them on hygiene protocols.
    2. No unnecessary trips to crowded areas for a while (grand openings, apple stores during peak, hottest restaurants, etc) but keep living.
    3. Keep my devices charged.
    4. Keep cash on hand.
    5. Keep gas in the car.
    6. Keep food & water in the house.
    7. Put all the camping gear & medical kits together including solar and crank radio.
    8. Keep the guns loaded with some on person.
    9. Be prepared to lose some morality or ethical standards if the situation calls for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Hate to mention the obvious, but maybe a worldwide pandemic is exactly what's to refocus the world on something. History is full of global or near global events that didn't wipe everyone out. Resilience and innovation from the ashes are part of how we live today.

Or they figure out a cure/vaccine in a year, so only double digit millions dead. The world could live with 3-5% less population since that's way less that are mal or undernourished and may die from starvation in the next year anyway.

Common sense is key, my list is like Hurricane season living in FL or tornado season in the midwest.

1. Keep family close and refocus them on hygiene protocols.
    2. No unnecessary trips to crowded areas for a while (grand openings, apple stores during peak, hottest restaurants, etc) but keep living.
    3. Keep my devices charged.
    4. Keep cash on hand.
    5. Keep gas in the car.
    6. Keep food & water in the house.
    7. Put all the camping gear & medical kits together including solar and crank radio.
    8. Keep the guns loaded with some on person.
    9. Be prepared to lose some morality or ethical standards if the situation calls for it.
    All true but no one wants to be the 3-5%

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle View Post
    We did an overdue Costco run last night to replenish the usual things we buy there, as well as replace expired medicine cabinet stock. I was expecting panic buying after the CDC announcement but nope, regular Costco on a Tuesday evening crowd.
    Same here in central VA. It’s good and bad:

Good: things are still in stock, people aren’t panicking and becoming violent, people are still going to work, everything is carrying on as normal.

Bad: every person who isn’t at Costco today is one more that will be there later; all at the same time once it becomes obvious that this finna be a bad stretch. Also, by continuing business as normal, there could potentially be “super spreaders” that aren’t sick but have covid giving it to everyone at work and restaurants and home.

Overall, I give it a BAD that more people aren’t crowding Costco. That’s more desperate clueless neighbors that are going to knock on my door for help, and I’m going to have to be stern with.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Same here in central VA. It’s good and bad:

Good: things are still in stock, people aren’t panicking and becoming violent, people are still going to work, everything is carrying on as normal.

Bad: every person who isn’t at Costco today is one more that will be there later; all at the same time once it becomes obvious that this finna be a bad stretch. Also, by continuing business as normal, there could potentially be “super spreaders” that aren’t sick but have covid giving it to everyone at work and restaurants and home.

Overall, I give it a BAD that more people aren’t crowding Costco. That’s more desperate clueless neighbors that are going to knock on my door for help, and I’m going to have to be stern with.
    Nothing carrying on on NoVa either as a data point.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I ordered some stuff from Lowe’s several days ago as a precaution, but it got delayed a week so I went last night to see what they had in store. I didn’t see anyone else shopping for similar stuff and there was plenty of everything, except masks/respirators. Every single one had been sold out.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We are just planning to not leave the house for an extended time period if this situation gets more intense in my area. Stay-at-home wife and me working from home.

We are just checking through the list of everything we need to be comfortable for a couple months of not leaving the driveway if it comes to it. We stay prepped for short term weather issues and such, so it's just a matter of adding to the inventory.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Yup. He’s ignoring thousands that have recovered. Because he likes stirring the pot and spitting off complete horseshit, such as ITS AIRBORNE AIDS.

Assuming immunity after infection for 86% of the population, if the virus kills 3% of those initially infected and 3% of the 14% who are re-infected then that is a loss of roughly 3.4% during the first year.

However, assuming no immunity and a cycle of 28 days (max of 24 days to detection and 4 days to live or die), the virus would kill 3% of all those infected or re-infected every 28 day cycle.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 02-28-20 at 10:24.

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast