Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: $1000 maximum budget: duty grade LPVO

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Nevermind. I can’t get pictures to work right.
    Last edited by msstate56; 05-05-20 at 13:21.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    Nevermind. I can’t get pictures to work right.
    That looks great. Basically a 1-6 version of the Accupower 1-4. I had one that I used for a couple seasons of 3gun and loved it. Very fast, huge eye box. I just went back to a TA11 ACOG from an NX8, but I considered the 1-6 Credo and think it might be my second pick to the ACOG.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I like it more and more every time I take it out. I used it yesterday to shoot the heads off of two small cottonmouths near my cabin. You’re looking at a target the size of a dime ��

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I guess some people just need a burn your retina out at high noon on a sunny day, dot. Personally, I would rather have a LPV where the illuminated dot was a *little* less bright, than a LPV scope with a tight eye box on 1X and a virtually unusable one on it’s top magnification.
    Last edited by Biggy; 05-08-20 at 14:31.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    So far in my “roaming the woods” I’ve yet to need to turn the illumination on to make a shot. I like how useable the reticle is w/o illumination. I could take the battery out, and still have a perfectly useful scope. It’s bright enough that I can see the illumination on setting 10 in bright MS sunshine. For the ones that need the dot to “stand out against a snowshoe hare at high noon in a snowstorm” I say the black bold reticle will work just fine. When I am using the illumination on the range, I like that the center (0.5 MOA dot) is not crazy bright. The bold segmented circle helps bracket the target, and if I need a fine aiming point- then I have the center dot. I get that that’s not what some people want. Some want basically a “magnified Aimpoint” which is fine if that’s their preference. That’s just not what I want in this particular scope- which is a good general purpose optic. For CQB range I’d still rather have a red dot, for longer range- a higher power scope and a bigger cartridge, but for 50-300 yards? I’m really digging the 1-6 Credo.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I guess some people just need a burn your retina out at high noon on a sunny day, dot. Personally, I would rather have a LPV where the illuminated dot was a *little* less bright, than a LPV scope with a tight eye box on 1X and a virtually unusable one on it’s top magnification.
    Which optic are you referring to?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    than a LPV scope with a tight eye box on 1X and a virtually unusable one on it’s top magnification.
    Funny how lazy people have become, or maybe how bad their technique is I guess.

I would guess he's referring to the NX-8 1-8x, which chirrins raised on the Razor 1-6 take issue with, because they were taught as long as your head is somewhere behind the optic you should get your full FOV without trying.

Honestly, if anyone can't use an NX-8 at 8x, they should quit the game. Period, Dot. Just quit.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 05-09-20 at 09:32.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just saw the Sig Tango 6T in person. It’s pretty nice scope. Clear glass, great illumination, I was in door but appears to be daylight bright, and it comes with NV setting. I like the reticle...sort of like the Leupold CMRW. At 1x the image is “flat”
    Downside it’s little on the heavier side...probably 20-22 ozs. Street price it’s about $1300...when it’s on sale, you can probably get it close to 1k. For a FFP, hard to best that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

$1000 maximum budget: duty grade LPVO

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Funny how lazy people have become, or maybe how bad their technique is I guess.

I would guess he's referring to the NX-8 1-8x, which chirrins raised on the Razor 1-6 take issue with, because they were taught as long as your head is somewhere behind the optic you should get your full FOV without trying.

Honestly, if anyone can't use an NX-8 at 8x, they should quit the game. Period, Dot. Just quit.
    This ^^^^^ 100%. I’m not saying that everyone needs to love the NX-8 but come on. I don’t have any problems using the NX-8 strong side or support side from a variety of positions throughout the magnification range. It’s not a SFP (which have their advantages and I really like the P4Xi) but for it’s size and weight, the NX-8 offers a lot of capability.
    Last edited by Korgs130; 05-13-20 at 13:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    That looks great. Basically a 1-6 version of the Accupower 1-4. I had one that I used for a couple seasons of 3gun and loved it. Very fast, huge eye box. I just went back to a TA11 ACOG from an NX8, but I considered the 1-6 Credo and think it might be my second pick to the ACOG.
    Interesting info here. Because I am looking at the Credo 1-6 as a possible replacement for the ACOG 3.5-35 LCD. I keep thinking the ACOG is perfect for my needs which is DMR function out to maybe 600 yds max if needed. The ACOG can do that and the battery life is way better than the Credo. I am always amazed at the clarity and resolution of the ACOG. I would like to know if there is any advantage to the Credo as far as seeing long distance targets.
    Fire in the Hole

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast