Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Legion 9/11 Memorial Run N Gun: Sept 12-13, Spencer, TN

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Emails just went out to all approved competitors with your final details. If you didn't get one but think you should have, check your spam filters first then let me know and we'll track down the problem. Read it ALL and come prepared!

And no, you can't swap run times with anyone. I hate it for you if you're last (or not where you want to be). Blame Excel's random number generator and your general bad luck in life!

And on the WTF? side of things, what's going on with the stellar weather forecast??? I'll believe it when I see it - I'm still waiting for a hurricane, heat wave, and snowstorm all in the same weekend.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt in TN View Post
    Emails just went out to all approved competitors with your final details. If you didn't get one but think you should have, check your spam filters first then let me know and we'll track down the problem. Read it ALL and come prepared!

And no, you can't swap run times with anyone. I hate it for you if you're last (or not where you want to be). Blame Excel's random number generator and your general bad luck in life!

And on the WTF? side of things, what's going on with the stellar weather forecast??? I'll believe it when I see it - I'm still waiting for a hurricane, heat wave, and snowstorm all in the same weekend.

I ran in that monsoon a few years ago when stage 1 was flooded.

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda bummed it's sunny and 70's. Body drags are a lot harder in pouring rain and mud.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I ran in that monsoon a few years ago when stage 1 was flooded.

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda bummed it's sunny and 70's. Body drags are a lot harder in pouring rain and mud.
    Patience, young one. A lot can change in a week, and weather forecasters are right less than half the time. You may still get your wish!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We’re a little less than a week from match day. I’m guessing several of you are second-guessing yourselves right now. Maybe you didn’t get in as much training as you’d hoped. Maybe you trained you’re a$$ off and didn’t see the results you wanted to. Maybe you’ve seen all of these crazy hints and promises about what’s to come, and are intimidated as hell about trying to do all of this while 30-ish bada$$ Special Forces soldiers and even more Run N Gun regulars stand by and watch you.

Don’t be. If you signed up and just SHOW UP to start this race, you’re already better than 90% of the shooters out there who stayed home on the couch on match day. If you FINISH, no matter how long it takes you, you’ve won. Trust me – you’ll feel it just as soon as you cross that finish line – and for many days (months?) thereafter.

At some point in the course, you will ask yourself: “Why on earth am I here? I’m not ready for this. I don’t belong here.” The dirty little secret I can promise you: EVERYONE asks themselves that at some point. You DO belong here.

The satisfaction and self-image you will get from just finishing this course will stay with you forever, and is something no one can ever take away from you. Many people have found matches like these to be a turning point in their lives, and in a year or two you may not even recognize the person you have become. Just remember - for every person you see pass you, there is someone behind you wishing they could keep up with you. Look behind you every so often just to acknowledge how far you’ve come.

And before ANYONE judges anyone else as being "too slow, too fat, or too lazy" - bite your tongue and listen to their story first. Across the country at matches like these we've had people recovering from recent strokes, heart attacks, cancer, pregnancy, amputations, and any other issue you can think of; just because "F#$K CANCER", that's why! Give them an encouraging word when you pass them - it really makes a difference.

Even better - if you pass someone really struggling on the course: finish your race, set down your gear, and run back out to find that person. You can run beside them and offer them all the words of support and encouragement that you can think of - you just can't physically help them in any way.

Let's do this.

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd like to take a minute to publicly thank Innovative Targets for helping me once again with targets for this year's match. If you're in need of high quality and, well, innovative designs - look no farther than Innovative Targets. ESPECIALLY if you're in Middle Tennessee!

Check them out at https://innovativetargets.net/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sorry for the delays, but I'm just now getting home and back to internet service after spending all day cleaning up the course. Scores are posted:

5k Scores: https://www.practiscore.com/results/...c-3f6bdc8c8c1d
    10k Scores: https://www.practiscore.com/results/...c-1d76c5076a5b

Now for a shower and bed. Much more to come as we unpack and process pics and video. Thanks everyone!!!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    who won the barrett raffle?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Scott Berger not only shot well, but was the luckiest man of the weekend when his new best friend pulled his name out of the bucket to win the Barrett MRAD. Rumor has it he's going 338 Lapua.

Big thanks to Barrett Firearms (https://barrett.net/) for the donation! If you didn't shoot that M22 in 300 Norma Mag, you really missed out. Amazing piece of machinery that you just have to experience to understand.

Last edited by Matt in TN; 09-18-20 at 13:56.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Was pretty cool to shoot. Congrats to all for a safe and fun weekend. Thanks to all the staff who not only busted their butts running on the hot day of the weekend, but for also working tirelessly through the rest of the weekend.

Now where do I want to hang my new moose antler?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Official photos are up! There are two folders this year as she was shooting two cameras (her "pistol" and her "rifle"!). As always, feel free to use these however you wish, but PLEASE give photo credit to Lisa Stennett if you do. That's all she asks in return for all her hard work. Commercial use must have permission first.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lstenn...46502433/page1
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lstenn...46700958/page1

Last edited by Matt in TN; 09-20-20 at 11:12.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast