Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Q honey badger pistol re-classified as a SBR.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robisten8 View Post
    Donald Trump Jr has posted about the decision as he's a big gun guy himself, so I'm willing to bet he's talked to his father about it.
    We did a White House petition pretty quickly about it, too.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is there anything to prevent a person from putting a 16” on a pistol lower, putting on a standard USGI stock and calling it a day?

Asking for a friend.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    For years now I’ve been saying nobody in Gov gives a damn about your/our civil rights and the only response to these further injustices is mass non compliance and outright defiance.

No more eating our own, no more wannabe junior g men scouring online forums calling dudes out over pinning their 14.5s etc...

I loathe Antifa, BLM, Marxist commies, etc and their illegitimate, violent, yet still permissible (to the left anyways) “protest” tactics but you’d think we’d learn from them by now. There’s no morality in loosing and likewise there’s nothing patriot about wearing your figurative Covid mask just because it’s the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    For years now I’ve been saying nobody in Gov gives a damn about your/our civil rights and the only response to these further injustices is mass non compliance and outright defiance.

No more eating our own, no more wannabe junior g men scouring online forums calling dudes out over pinning their 14.5s etc...

I loathe Antifa, BLM, Marxist commies, etc and their illegitimate, violent, yet still permissible (to the left anyways) “protest” tactics but you’d think we’d learn from them by now. There’s no morality in loosing and likewise there’s nothing patriot about wearing your figurative Covid mask just because it’s the law.
    Tour de force ^

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Is there anything to prevent a person from putting a 16” on a pistol lower, puttinnog on a standard USGI stock and calling it a day?

Asking for a friend.
    You can put a 16" barrel on a pistol lower with a brace and call it a day. Its still a pistol unless the ATF rules it a rifle, in which case it has a 16" barrel so it isn't a SBR.

Once you put the longer barrel and a stock on, it's a rifle. Switching back to a pistol at that point is a gray area.

Andy

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I thought going from pistol to rifle, back to pistol, was totally permissible, just not the other way around?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Q honey badger pistol re-classified as a SBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    I thought going from pistol to rifle, back to pistol, was totally permissible, just not the other way around?
    You can. Ignore what was just stated previously. A brace isn’t what makes it a pistol. Same way putting a stock on a lower without an upper doesn’t make it an SBR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    IMPORTANT EDIT

ATF Ruling 2011-4 covers converting a rifle to pistol, pistol to rifle, and pistol to rifle to pistol.

This link directly opens the PDF ruling. Note its an atf.gov domain:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ru...stols/download

I would tell you what it says, but I can't make heads or tails of it.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-12-20 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I appreciate the helpful reply and information, thanks very much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can’t remember if it was sootch or twangnbang who said it, but I saw a YouTube video where a guy said he builds all his lowers as pistols and takes a picture with a short upper attached for his records, even if he ultimately intends to build a rifle. That way it’s always a pistol and he can return to braced short barrel configuration without creating an SBR

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast