Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,000 more NG troops assigned to Inaguration

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The real question is how do you live with that font?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrotz View Post
    Why am I getting an infraction and my post deleted when this @RHINOWSO buy has been attaching me indecently???

I have Rhinoso on ignore it I'm not going to let him accuse me of smoking dope! Why am I being targeted?

I want an answer from a moderator!!! @SeriousStudent

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.
    First of all, you're crying like a child so start by growing up. Secondly, moderators here typically prefer to discuss stuff like this in private so consider editing your post and going about it a different way.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I get it. But at the same time when you have a Division's worth of troops dropped on one location, there's probably a lot of and month's worth of planning behind it. Doing it on such short notice means a lot of things were going to get missed. I know there's always a significant amount of NG in the Capital during any Inauguration, but doubling the size as a knee jerk reaction to a non-existent problem was going to put some massive logistical hurdles in place.
    So, we incompetently invaded our own capital...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrotz View Post
    Why am I getting an infraction and my post deleted when this @RHINOWSO has been attacking me incessantly???

I have Rhinoso on ignore it I'm not going to let him accuse me of smoking dope! Why am I being targeted?

I want an answer from a moderator!!! @SeriousStudent I want the same infraction and warning against @RHINOWSO !!!!

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.
    I'll be delighted to handle this for you.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Just as an FYI for our viewers at home:

When you get an infraction, don't assume you are the only one getting an infraction.

When you get an infraction, it's rarely a good idea to make demands from the person that gave it to you.

And the ability to post in General Discussion is something that can easily be removed. Like now, for instance.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Rrotz is on a short vacation starting now.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not trying to be a dick just to do it, but honestly a lot of you guys are way off base. 20 years is way more than I have, but I've been on active duty for the past eight and was in the guard before that. I understand all of the points because of how things used to be or how they should be, but I've never seen them that way. I'll include my thoughts in bold on each post. I have no first hand experience here as I was not involved with DC, but at least second hand since I know how this goes down nowadays. Not correcting anyone just to do it, just trying to shape some perspective because things have definitely changed since I think many of you have gotten out.

Again, not saying it wasn't a mess. But I am saying that I don't know how it would've been anything other than that given the timeline. And I honestly do not have a high opinion of the NG, most of that opinion being formed while I was there.
    I don’t disagree that the decision to have the Joe’s not bring their gear was probably above a company commander grade decision. That still begs the question of whether that was an advisement or an order? If that was simply an advisement to a company commander or battalion commander either of those people should have enough experience to have a contingency plan of Joe bringing his sleep system/bivouac gear. You get that email or memo or whatever and say to yourself:

“Hmmm is there a chance that higher is gonna dork this up and my guys might need their issued gear?”

Anyone who’s spent more than 15 minutes in the military will say to themselves:

“Yep, higher is gonna Fock most of this up because they’re a bunch of indifferent retards.”

Then you tell your guys and gals to bring all their shit. You have conveyance, it’s not as if they’re humping it all cross country to get to DC. Best case is Joe carries a few pounds of A and B bag, bivy sack, and rubber bitch he doesn’t need. Maybe a 3 man tent that’s not needed. No big deal it can stay in the billeting area or hotel room.

Now a direct order to not bring gear is different, and maybe even more horrendously stupid.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I don’t disagree that the decision to have the Joe’s not bring their gear was probably above a company commander grade decision. That still begs the question of whether that was an advisement or an order? If that was simply an advisement to a company commander or battalion commander either of those people should have enough experience to have a contingency plan of Joe bringing his sleep system/bivouac gear. You get that email or memo or whatever and say to yourself:

“Hmmm is there a chance that higher is gonna dork this up and my guys might need their issued gear?”

Anyone who’s spent more than 15 minutes in the military will say to themselves:

“Yep, higher is gonna Fock most of this up because they’re a bunch of indifferent retards.”

Then you tell your guys and gals to bring all their shit. You have conveyance, it’s not as if they’re humping it all cross country to get to DC. Best case is Joe carries a few pounds of A and B bag, bivy sack, and rubber bitch he doesn’t need. Maybe a 3 man tent that’s not needed. No big deal it can stay in the billeting area or hotel room.

Now a direct order to not bring gear is different, and maybe even more horrendously stupid.
    The way I see that playing out is more along the lines of them being allocated a certain number of vehicles, likely buses. Those are the only vehicles they get and its based off of the number of personnel that were activated. Any extra gear that's brought is now sitting on that Soldier's lap for the entire trip.

Again, I don't know that it played out that way so I could be very wrong. However, I've been a company commander for just under a year and have been forced into positions that seem really shitty without the proper perspective. Even then, they were shitty either way, but it legitimately was the lesser of two evils. That's part of what command is all about and it can be extremely frustrating when you believe you should be giving your company a better answer. And we're not even talking about this in the context of the real Army, aka war.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    While I’m sure DC isn’t as cold as Ft Drum is in the winter, I do have experience sleeping on a cot in the winter in a concrete structure (Ft Drum MOUT site) even with the full sleep system you will freeze your butt off. The cot allows cold air under you and just sucks the heat from you. If you skip the cot route and sleep on the concrete, that’ll suck the heat out of you almost just as fast. I’d rather sleep outside on the dirt, or ideally with a pile of leaves or other vegetation under my sleep system.

I’ve been in the guard for over twenty years now, I can count the times I’ve slept on a cot on two hands, hell, the first ten years when I was in NY we didn’t even have tents. Poncho, bungee cords and some 550 cord is all we had. We actually did have an Akio tent (not sure of the spelling of that. I remember setting it up once but no one slept in it and we never took it out of the cage besides that one time, stayed in there with the cross country skis and snow shoes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    The way I see that playing out is more along the lines of them being allocated a certain number of vehicles, likely buses. Those are the only vehicles they get and its based off of the number of personnel that were activated. Any extra gear that's brought is now sitting on that Soldier's lap for the entire trip.

Again, I don't know that it played out that way so I could be very wrong. However, I've been a company commander for just under a year and have been forced into positions that seem really shitty without the proper perspective. Even then, they were shitty either way, but it legitimately was the lesser of two evils. That's part of what command is all about and it can be extremely frustrating when you believe you should be giving your company a better answer. And we're not even talking about this in the context of the real Army, aka war.
    I’m familiar with the charter bus trip to a training area etc. I also know, and so do you, that a reasonably well compressed sleep system and iso-mat don’t take up much extra space. Plus if a dude has to have some gear on their lap for the bus ride, well that’s life.

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast