Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther Arms new PDP

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I would not hold my breath for a PDP with a paddle release. Since introducing the M2 Walther has not developed a single new frame that uses a paddle magazine release. The sales numbers are simply not there compared to their button release pistols.
    Yeah that's probably the reality of it, unfortunately.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I put 1000 rounds through a Walther PPQ my dad bought. Shot great, but I could control and shoot faster with my Glock 19. The PPQ had more muzzle flip as mentioned previously. I will see if Point Blank will have one to try out near me. My VP9 is the only other striker fired pistol I own besides my Glocks because it can shoot with them in terms of speed and control.

From watching the video reviews, I don’t like the fact the PDP’s slide is bulkier than the PPQ’s. I know it is for the red dot and you have better slide serrations, but it may affect holster draw smoothness. I will save judgment when I try one.

Last edited by MadAngler1; 02-20-21 at 07:48.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If the pdp fits in my vp9 safariland, like the ppq does, and we see reviews from people who did NOT get one for free - I'll consider it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready.Fire.Aim View Post
    I have two PPQ M2s. I’m extremely impressed and have been to a couple of LAVs classes using them.
    At the end of each day, the target had a fist size hole shot out of the middle, excellent trigger !

I actually liked the VP9 better but could never get used to the paddle mag release.

I’ve been looking for a more accurate small carry pistol than my M&P Shield, looks like I will order a 4” PDP.
    In case you weren’t aware, you can get the VP9 with a button release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I'm certainly enticed. I've owned all the polymer framed pistols at one point or another, with the exception of a Walther. The Glock still reigns supreme in my safe, but this could be my first foray into the Walther line of handguns. Not gonna rush out though. Always like to wait a little before buying something new.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Than it's a pass for me.

Happy camper with my ppq m2 Navy.

I have over 20 mags for it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    That good info.

Would it be to much to presume the compact will accept the full size 18 rounders?
    I was told it will not due to different grip angles, but I'm picking up a full size on Friday. I'll try the 18 rounder in my PPQ and follow up if it does work.
    Last edited by HCrum87hc; 02-22-21 at 09:06.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I found some sitting in my LGS on Saturday. This is the first time i have handled a newly released brand new gun that wowed me. The feel of the grip, the ergos, and the best (albeit only dry fire) striker trigger I have EVER handled. I was so damn impressed, and now I really want one. Only other Walther I've owned was a PPK in my early 20's.

If this avoids all the new teething from most new firearms, this is an absolute home run. Can't wait to shoot one.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post
    Than it's a pass for me.

Happy camper with my ppq m2 Navy.

I have over 20 mags for it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You'll be able to buy just the PDP slide later on and use it with your PPQ M2 Navy barrel and frame. That will give you a great optics mounting solution if that's something you're interested in.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Wish it would go on M1 frames

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast