Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin Trial Commentary

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    All it takes is one person to actually follow the law as written and meant to throw a mistrial.

I think that riots are a given. Just how bad will they be. Every single outcome leads to a narrative that is a victory for the left. Every outcome leads to charges of systemic racism and feeds their agenda.

Remember the testimony about the racial aspects of the case? Me neither.
    It was implied!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Is 98 percent a low blood oxygen level?
    98% is someone who is alive, healthy.... and breathing. Yeah, I know what you're getting at. Not sure what Tobin meant or context during rebuttal testimony today when he said that Floyd's tests at Hennepin county came back at 98%.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-15-21 at 15:28.

Feedback Score
    What’s the difference between oxygen saturation in the hemoglobin vs oxygen pressure in blood gas? How does someone who died of hypoxia have 98% O2 on a lab test after death? ABNAK, Chuckman, WillBrink?

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightmillimeter View Post
    What’s the difference between oxygen saturation in the hemoglobin vs oxygen pressure in blood gas? How does someone who died of hypoxia have 98% O2 on a lab test after death? ABNAK, Chuckman, WillBrink?
    Blood gas analysis, in comparison to a "pulse ox", can produce two separate values;

PaO2 is the partial pressure of oxygen in the blood. In simplest terms, it's the amount of oxygen dissolved in the plasma, and indicates gas tension.

SaO2 is the arterial saturation of oxygen and is pretty much interchangeable, clinically, with the values you would get from a pulse ox (SpO2).

98% SaO2 would be outstanding. Arterial "pressure" of oxygen would be PaO2 and would technically be in mmHg, not a percent value. As for what PaO2 is used for, google "Oxygen/Hemoglobin Disassociation Curve" or let a Chemistry nerd explain the Bohr effect.

TL;DR- SaO2 (arterial) and SpO2 (capillary) are almost clinically equivalent.

*ETA- I won't touch the post-resuscitation blood gases or what they mean. That's just what they are, and TBH, "sats" mean very little in cardiac arrest and mechanical ventilation strategies in comparison to pH, ETCO2, CO2/HCO3, etc.
    Last edited by GTF425; 04-15-21 at 18:49.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So this guy cited SpO2 or PaO2 values that were sampled AFTER the event?

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    So this guy cited SpO2 or PaO2 values that were sampled AFTER the event?
    Correct; the ABGs were collected after.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Correct; the ABGs were collected after.
    Jeebus. I didn’t know it was possible to be so stupid.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I heard the last of the Prosecutors closing statements and the start of the defense. Now I see the State rebuttal, and I'm not liking that guy at all. I don't know if the defense ended well, but the rebuttal seems angry and trying to make up for something.

Can a lawyer in closing say that the other side is lying? Especially in re-direct when the defense can't respond?

17,000 days alive, and then he dies. Pretty much sums it up for everyone. IF they think that is persuasive, that is pretty weak.

His heart was a 'strong heart' a healthy heart?? Wasn't he like 90 & 70% blockages?? It was also enlarged from I remember from testimony.

Frankly, the State rebuttal guy would have pissed me off if I were on the jury. He was a little fast and loose with 'stories' and facts.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 04-19-21 at 15:56.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    The prosecution closing was meh at best. The defense closing was pretty good. The prosecution rebuttal is very good.

Just so no one is surprised...

2nd Degree Manslaughter - Guilty
    3rd Degree Murder - Guilty
    2nd Degree Murder - Coin Toss

Feedback Score
    Can the get Maxine Waters for contempt of court and throw her in jail . She was the only person that seem to really get the ire of the judge. He pretty much put her in her place.

How is jury wasn’t sequestered I have no idea why. It wasn’t that long of a trial.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast