Page 17 of 81 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine Status Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    As expected. While they may be younger, with obesity and other known co morbidities being so common among our generally unhealthy population, no surprises that age group not getting vaccinated, having problems.
    I think the below remarks well characterize it. Younger age brackets have been sent to the back of the vaccine eligibility bus until the last couple weeks. Combined with new variants and less mitigation efforts has resulted in a demographics flip in hospitalizations.

-------

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — Current hospitalizations rates in Erie County, the highest since February, with younger people becoming a concern.

"There's a disproportionate amount of individuals that are younger and presently being hospitalized," Dr. Thomas Russo, Chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases at the Jacobs School of Medicine at the University at Buffalo, said.

According to Dr. Russo, a mix of new COVID variants and a lack of social distancing and mask wearing are big factors. Almost all of those hospitalized under 50-years-old are not vaccinated.

"You're not seeing people going into the hospitals that have been vaccinated," Dr. Raul Vazquez of GBUAHN and Urban Family Practice said, "you're seeing the ones that haven't been (vaccinated) because the eligibility has been catching up. We are getting younger with who is getting vaccinated so that will readjust itself."

Both doctors say this points to a positive note, showing that the vaccine has worked on those who get it.

"The good news is we have protected our most vulnerable via vaccination and for the most part they are staying out of hospitals," Dr. Russo said.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...ue-to-covid-19

Feedback Score
    ^^^ I sincerely hope this shit isn't taking off again. I'm about done with it. Last June it looked like we were getting out of the woods. No, it was the eye of the hurricane and over the fall and winter it got even worse.

Like I said, I'm done with this COVID crap, all aspects of it: the masks, the "social distancing", the MOPP-4 level bullshit you have to don to take care of these people. Done I tell ya.

Oh, might I add: FVCK CHINA.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    Yeah if I had to choose JJ
    and the blood clot thing does not bug me but boy it seems some are pushing that angle for some reason ?
    Considering the short time from vaccine development to arm jab it's not surprising to see any issue, even the slightest, greatly amplified.

As far as risk from vaccine-related blood clots among the general public, what I've read suggests that the far greater risk is blood clots related to severe Covid infection. I got the Pfizer vaccine which shows remarkable effectiveness at preventing severe infection.

I believe preventing severe infection is key rather than agonizing over tenths of a percent in death rates in an attempt to rationalize not getting vaccinated. I mean.... I don't consider the below a "win" in the anti-vaxxer column if the patient survives. No thanks.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-25-21 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Considering the short time from vaccine development to arm jab it's not surprising to see any issue, even the slightest, greatly amplified.

As far as vaccine-related blood clot issues among the general public, what I've read suggests that the far greater risk is blood clots related to severe Covid infection. I got the Pfizer vaccine which shows remarkable effectiveness at preventing severe infection.

I believe preventing severe infection is key rather than agonizing over tenths of a percent in death rates in an attempt to rationalize not getting vaccinated. I mean.... I don't consider the below a "win" in the anti-vaxxer column if the patient survives. No thanks.

If they're on a vent because of COVID they probably WON"T survive.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    If they're on a vent because of COVID they probably WON"T survive.
    Right.

Vent or not, I prefer not to be hospitalized or otherwise become ill. That was my point. As far as I'm concerned, only looking at Covid risk through a lens of death is a very myopic view.

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    ^^^ I sincerely hope this shit isn't taking off again. I'm about done with it. Last June it looked like we were getting out of the woods. No, it was the eye of the hurricane and over the fall and winter it got even worse.
    Fortunately, the vaccines appear to be performing as expected and effective against variants.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-25-21 at 10:23.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The vaccine should not be mandated by the government. Each individual should make their own decision. Unfortunately, politics has muddied the waters, which makes the decision even more difficult than it should be.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I'm 74 and will not be getting the shot. I know of no one without co-morbidity factors who has died from Covid. I do have personal knowledge of three persons whose deaths were attributed to Covid yet were never tested. It was "presumed" to be Covid. Presumed? My niece is an APN and told me that where she works all flu and pneumonia deaths are coded as Covid because Medicare reimbursements are higher for Covid. Follow the money to the truth.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NickySantoro View Post
    I'm 74 and will not be getting the shot. I know of no one without co-morbidity factors who has died from Covid. I do have personal knowledge of three persons whose deaths were attributed to Covid yet were never tested. It was "presumed" to be Covid. Presumed? My niece is an APN and told me that where she works all flu and pneumonia deaths are coded as Covid because Medicare reimbursements are higher for Covid. Follow the money to the truth.
    My mother is a nurse at a rather large practice and they were instructed by the NCDOH to issue everyone they suspected of having covid positive even if they tested negative! She told me her doctors had a meeting and said that no one is getting hurt by this, but the practice is really benefiting financially from it. Don’t rock the boat is how she put it to me. Really sick shit if you ask me. I hope they all rot in you know where for all of this.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    My mother is a nurse at a rather large practice and they were instructed by the NCDOH to issue everyone they suspected of having covid positive even if they tested negative! She told me her doctors had a meeting and said that no one is getting hurt by this, but the practice is really benefiting financially from it. Don’t rock the boat is how she put it to me. Really sick shit if you ask me. I hope they all rot in you know where for all of this.
    That's interesting...and crazy. Dang.

My institution in NC lost a ton of money with COVID; actually, we lose money for vaccinations (manpower and supplies), even though they are free.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Fortunately, the vaccines appear to be performing as expected and effective against variants.
    This is what drives a lot of people (including myself) crazy. We get vaccinated, its apparently effective and we have been told its the only way to return to a normal life.

Then we are told after vaccination we still need to wear a mask that not even the most crude 3rd world hospital would consider medically effective.

Andy

P.S. This was a general rant and certainly not directed at C.P.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-26-21 at 13:59.

Page 17 of 81 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast