Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need recommendations for a suppressor for full auto use

Feedback Score

Need recommendations for a suppressor for full auto use

I have 2 surefire socom’s and they are loud. Does anybody have any recommendations for a can that would be quieter but still be able to handle full auto fire? These suppressors would be on a M16 99% of the time.

I did not realize how loud the surefire was until I shot it next to a old aac 7.62 Sdn-6 a few weeks ago.

Night and day

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Take a look at PewScience.com and compare the suppression ratings. I'd look at the rankings and find something with a better suppression rating that's rated for full auto.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have a Saker and an Omega, both of which are full auto rated. The Saker seems a tad quieter to me, but that's subjective and I don't really pay attention to decibels anyway. The Omega has a large internal volume so may be quieter for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    Take a look at PewScience.com and compare the suppression ratings. I'd look at the rankings and find something with a better suppression rating that's rated for full auto.
    I just joined but I am having trouble with scrolling down on the data sheet with the rankings. Thanks for the great idea.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Define “handle full auto”. We talkin’ mag dumps erryday?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Mag dumps. Getting it red hot.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehgbyf View Post
    I did not realize how loud the surefire was until I shot it next to a old aac 7.62 Sdn-6 a few weeks ago.

Night and day
    That's interesting. The 762 SDN we shoot is the barkiest can out of the bunch. And it's running on a 24" bolt gun.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's interesting. The 762 SDN we shoot is the barkiest can out of the bunch. And it's running on a 24" bolt gun.
    There were 3 of us and after a few shots of each one it was amazing that we all said damn there is a huge difference at the same time.

Both on 11.5 colt uppers with FBI barrels.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Straight up, thats a harsh mistress. If you want quieter than Surefire, but just as tough, you’re gonna need a fairly big can on that host.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehgbyf View Post
    There were 3 of us and after a few shots of each one it was amazing that we all said damn there is a huge difference at the same time.

Both on 11.5 colt uppers with FBI barrels.
    Must be the large can on the smaller caliber. I do like having a can that's oversized/bore for the gun.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast