Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dependable BCG. Which one?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I kind of like the subtle logo Daniel Defense uses but anything bolder is a deterrent.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I kind of like the subtle logo Daniel Defense uses but anything bolder is a deterrent.

[IMG]https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/data/MetaMirrorCache/uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160813_195cc082699cf8c45eb05ed6f3a4f346.jpg[/MG]

Nah you're just a walking billboard, boycott Daniel Defense they are using you as an ad, buy better stuff that doesn't feel the need to advertise themselecs

/s

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    They turn black when you shoot them.
    You ain't keepin' your shit clean Ranger?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Sure, but then the ejection port is closed so who cares?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Haha you’re not the first to bring that up. I clean it when necessary, but rarely white glove. I find that most everything stains eventually. Even if you start clean, that logo will be dark gray pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Sure, but then the ejection port is closed so who cares?
    My buddies and I have determined that I often do that subconsciously. I get made fun of for it occasionally.
    Last edited by 1168; 06-23-21 at 17:26.

Feedback Score
    The bcg logos are usually less noticable than the billboards on the receivers and handguards.

Sent from my KFMUWI using Tapatalk
    DK

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukr View Post
    The bcg logos are usually less noticable than the billboards on the receivers and handguards.

Sent from my KFMUWI using Tapatalk
    I can tolerate an unobtrusive roll mark on the lower, just because they've been there for as long as the AR15 has been around. I would definitely prefer they weren't if given the choice, though. I think what turns me off about aggressive branding is I see it as ghetto and low class, besides just being ugly. That whole culture of needing other people to know what brand your shit is, don't like it, and especially am wary of any company that chases that hypebeast market. Obtuse logos belong on 500 dollar sneakers and 1500 dollar purses made in Chinese sweat shops, not on working guns. The only time I can see it as appropriate is for a competitive shooter who's sponsored.

Besides the markings legally required by the federal government, all you legitimately need is whatever information is necessary to identify the manufacturer should you need support, and be able to relate to them what it is, to aid them in helping you, and in collecting feedback for quality control. I certainly don't expect them to microstamp under the trigger or some extreme like that. Mark where it's convenient, and where it's easy for the customer to see. It's a functional item, not a showroom piece. But that doesn't mean to start taking liberties and plaster logos on every square inch of visible space.
    Last edited by okie; 06-24-21 at 13:35.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

~SNIP~

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about ejectors and extractors. For some reason some companies (even expensive ones) insist on shit springs. You’ll never notice with your perfectly gassed 16” middy, but you might see some lame shit if you put that in your suppressed SBR. Read user “Mistwolf”s posts and check your extractor springs. If the extractor springs are suspect, go ahead and swap the ejector spring, too. Might as well order a couple good spare springs right now. The ones that Mistwolf or Iraqgunz recommend.
    I replace extractor springs as a matter of course with the exception of a few BCG vendors. There is just no downside to a strong extractor spring.

Andy

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I replace extractor springs as a matter of course with the exception of a few BCG vendors. There is just no downside to a strong extractor spring.

Andy
    I agree. I got the BCM extractor spring upgrade kit and bolt upgrade kit to keep as spare.
    BCM sells them directly, but can also be bought at Optics Planet and others.

Feedback Score
    I am surprised that so many are annoyed about logos on parts. I could care less myself, as long as said parts work as they should.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast